Kamelot- Atlanta show thoughts (setlist spoilers)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Jen & I had a *great* time last night. We ran into a several PPUSA regulars and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Honestly, I have to admit that the best part for me was watching Jen's excitement backstage meeting Simone & Elize.

As for a review, it still sucks going to the Masquerade. It was hot as hell and the sight lines suck from the back. However, Kamelot had the best sound I have heard them have there (I was near the soundboard). Kudos to their soundguy.

Quck thoughts:

Blackguard's new material sounded very good. The bits with the mid-paced, heavy groove were actually great. However, I simply get tired of the non-variation in vocals. Good crowd response.

Alestorm were a total party. There were pirates and wenches everywhere during their set. I was honestly a bit surprised at their popularity. They were a bit sloppy & had some feedback issues, but this is the kind of set where it doesn't matter. "This next song is about rum. It's called "Rum." Great crowd response.

Kamelot were total pros as always. Fabio was a bit nervous at the start and may have held back a bit. However, the longer the show went, the more he cut loose and showed that he could indeed be the man for the future. "Center of the Universe' was a highlight for him. Elize (Amaranthe) sounded excellent and Simone got the crowd going during "The Haunting." I was expecting another appearance from her, but I guess once is it. Excellent crowd response.

Setlist (courtesy of my wife):

Rule The World
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
The Human Stain
Center of the Universe
Abandoned
When the Lights Are Down
Soul Society
Hunter's Season
Eden Echo
Necropolis
The Haunting
Forever

Encores:
JenElize.jpg

DSC00987.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Enjoyed the show last night. I was also surprised by the good reaction Blackguard got, I like them but am aware of the general sentiment in forum world (note to self: most people don't live in forum world). I was also surprised with the Alestorm following that was there, are they a regular on Sirius XM or something to generate that much of a following? Kamelot was good, but I have been a fan since Siege Perilous and it depresses me that they ignore their first 3 albums. I have had a hard time getting into anything since Epica.

Kamelot's my second favorite power metal band and up until last night, I had never seen them. It was entirely worth the wait, though. Fabio sounded great and is a very good frontman. I haven't 'rocked out' at a show as hard as I did last night in a very long time.

Alestorm were a total party. There were pirates and wenches everywhere during their set. I was honestly a bit surprised at their popularity. They were a bit sloppy & had some feedback issues, but this is the kind of set where it doesn't matter. "This next song is about rum. It's called "Rum." Great crowd response.

I've been to several Alestorm shows, and they are always so much fun! Not the best band in the world, and they certainly don't care about being tight..it's all about Wenches and Mead!

I've been to several Alestorm shows, and they are always so much fun! Not the best band in the world, and they certainly don't care about being tight..it's all about Wenches and Mead!

"This next song is about wenches and mead. It's called...'Wenches and Mead!'" :lol:

I was really surprised at how big Alestorm's reaction was. Pitting, people dancing the jig, people in pirate costumes, it was really fun to see. They were played on Sirius/XM Liquid Metal a lot when their latest came out, but hardly at all lately that I've heard.

Fabio sounded great in Roy's place. Wish I could have stuck around longer, but I had to go over and do WREKage, and Kamelot actually played longer than scheduled...so I missed more than I thought I would. Oh, well. ;)

I'm glad to hear the favorable review of Fabio as frontman (although I expected no less). I'll be seeing this show in Portland on Tuesday of ProgPower week!

I'm very excited to hear Simone sing The Haunting live, that's going to be quite a treat.

I'm so pissed I couldn't make it, had to wake up early to move the grandparents and just got done.

I actually want to go see this show, as they are due to play Jaxx tonight. I wonder how many people will actually show up since we are kind of in the middle of full bore hurricane here! There is just no way in hell I am driving up there in this weather.

I'm so pissed I couldn't make it, had to wake up early to move the grandparents and just got done.

Ditto - I had to get up ass early to coach a football game today... so no Metal for Fizrider. I have yet to see Alestorm - they are DEFINTELY my cup of mead as far as attitude goes.

The show was indeed awesome. I mainly went for Alestorm and they did not disappoint. Kamelot sounded AMAZING. Honestly, I'd have to say this was my favorite set of theirs. Fabio sounded GREAT and I enjoyed his stage presence better than Khan's. If you have an opportunity, do yourself a favor and SEE THIS SHOW!

Unfortunately (as it's becoming more and more common with weekday shows in NYC), I'm going to have to pass on this one. I was really really looking forward to seeing Kamelot with Fabio Lione... Now I kind of have to keep my hopes up that he will join Kamelot permanently so I can see this. The Rhapsody of Fiasco split might just do that. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy the shows everyone!

I must give kudo's to the band for hiring one of the best soundman in the business....he is also JOP's soundman and
my right-hand-man. He deserves all the praise he can get....and his name is Jan Janvier!

Go get'em Jan!....See you in Orlando my brother!

Simone looks as happy as ever to have to take a picture with someone. :lol:

She was genuinely happy to pose for a photo with me, and I found her to be quite lovely, not to mention stunning!

~Jen

After seeing this show tonight in Cleveland, I am a believer in Fabio. He was awesome. I hope he joins the band now.

But, who the fuck decided it was a good idea to mosh at a Kamelot show? I guess it only takes one idiot to start. I'm not anti mosh or anything, but that's not the right band or crowd for that.