Kamelot- Atlanta show thoughts (setlist spoilers)

After seeing this show tonight in Cleveland, I am a believer in Fabio. He was awesome. I hope he joins the band now.

But, who the fuck decided it was a good idea to mosh at a Kamelot show? I guess it only takes one idiot to start. I'm not anti mosh or anything, but that's not the right band or crowd for that.

Agreed, he was 100% on in Worcester. Any awkwardness he might've had in earlier shows seems to have completely disappeared. He is also a RIDICULOUSLY nice dude.

It happened there, too? There was some moshing to CotU in Worcester, but the crowds there are always mosh-happy. Ergh.

Fabio slayed in NYC as well. He's doing an amazing job, as is the band as a whole. Youngblood sure knows how to keep his gig rolling.

Saw them in Detroit last night, somehow managed to see all four bands:

The Agonist: Meh, I'm not really into the who Arch Enemy thing. Still amazed that a little blonde girl can bark out vocals like that, though you could tell it was taking a toll, her clean vox were starting to get strained.

Blackguard: The first mosh pit started right away into these guys. Still sound a bit like CoB clones without all of the nifty shredding.

Alestorm: I couldn't believe the response they got here either. We also had pirates and wenches walking the crowd during the set, though they got rocked pretty hard early on by the moshpit, as they were right in the middle of it. One of the wenches got knocked over early on, and the wall protecting them formed up pretty quickly. It was awfully surreal to see the crowd go from a moshpit during one tune to arms over shoulders and rocking from side to side during the song "Wenches and Mead".

Kamelot: Fabio slayed. Nothing more needs to be said. No moshing til Ghost Opera, and then it was squashed pretty quickly. They totally kicked ass, and I think they might be better vocally with Fabio than with Khan in a live setting.

The Agonist: Meh, I'm not really into the who Arch Enemy thing. Still amazed that a little blonde girl can bark out vocals like that, though you could tell it was taking a toll, her clean vox were starting to get strained.

Hmmm yeah, I don't really see that much of an Arch Enemy comparison, aside from the fact that both girls do screaming vocals. In fact, Alissa can actually sing where Angela really can't. I will agree though, that every now and then the screams will take a toll on her cleans. :\

They were excellent last night in Chicago. Fabio was amazing! He's also unnecessarily handsome in person. I think it's the high cheek bones and Roman nose. I'm a sucker for both.

Does anyone have the setlist from last night's gig? It wasn't too different from the ATL setlist, but I think there may have been one or two songs changed.

They were excellent last night in Chicago. Fabio was amazing! He's also unnecessarily handsome in person. I think it's the high cheek bones and Roman nose. I'm a sucker for both.

Does anyone have the setlist from last night's gig? It wasn't too different from the ATL setlist, but I think there may have been one or two songs changed.

Someone mentioned on the Kamforum that they did Sailorman's Hymn instead of Abandoned but I wasn't there so don't know for sure.

I don't have the Chicago setlist, but I agree that they were amazing and worth every dollar.

Caught this show last night in Portland (great kick off to PP week).

Kamelot put on an amazing show last night, this is the third time I've seen them (third different singer) and I just come away more and more impressed. They were in a smaller venue, about 4-500 people, but it was pretty packed. After watching the openers from the bar in the back of the room I waded out into the all ages masses for the main event and got a great view about 20 feet from the stage.

At first Fabio's vocals didn't grab me, he sounded good but I kept comparing to the power and clarity of Michael Eriksen's vocals from PP last year and Fabio was coming up short. A few more songs in I kept thinking, where is the court minstrel music...my mind kept hearing two separate bands trying to play the same song. But about a third of the way in I was hooked. Fabio pulled off the operatic haunting melodies that previously I thought only Khan could deliver. And quite frankly, Fabio delivered much better than the one time I saw Khan live. If Fabio joins them permanently sign me up for a pre-order on the next CD.

It was great to have three different female singers...Simone Simons on Haunting...Elize for many songs...and Alissa from The Agonist singing Shagrath's parts on March of Mephisto. Elize did this blind-folded drum cadence at the start of March of Mephisto that was totally cool.

The venue I went to had a tiny stage and I think that actually added to the energy as the band and the singers interacted with each other.

Totally great show.