Kamelot + HIM = Lost Madison? LISTEN TO THIS!

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
So Glenn got turned onto these guys by someone (step up if it was you) and he shared it with me. He said it was described as Kamelot meets HIM. I'm not so much familiar with HIM (I went and listened to them more because of this) but I'm a total Kamelot fanboy...

I have to say, the description is pretty dead on. It's more of the modern day Kamelot vibe (Black Halo/Ghost Opera). I quickly found myself listening to this about 5+ times in a row via MySpace.

So here's the deal, if there is enough demand to buy this (it's a small Finnish label) Ken (Laser's Edge) will order some copies to sell.

Listen to this and leave your interest/thoughts in this thread. Mark me down for a copy!

www.myspace.com/lostmadison

Yeah I would highly recommend listening to all 4, as they're different from each other even though they have the same vibe (for those that may have listened to #1 then stopped).

I hear the HIM. No surprise. I'm sure a lot of Finnish bands are influenced by HIM. Overally, pretty good melodic music. Not going to get a ton of listens from me, but will get listens.

I gave them a listen. I can definitely hear the HIM influence--Im not really following too much on the Kamelot influence though. Nothing is really reaching out to me right now, but I'll give them a few more listens.

I'm going to go ahead and bump this up to 5. I'm digging the sound, and as most of you said, really hear the HIM influence. I usually don't make my familiarity with HIM known in public though :)

Guys, I'm not feelin' this one at all, sorry. They sound like any other mainstream band out there if you ask me, so why make room for this one?

Speaking of Finnish bands, why doesn't To/Die/For get more love on this board? I listened to Wounds Wide Open yesterday and have no idea why this band flies under the radar in the states.:confused: In my opinion TDF's sound swallows Lost Madison's sound, judging from the my space clips that is.

By the way, Ken doesn't carry any of To/Die/For's titles either.

~Brian~

A) Description is accurate. Nice stuff. I'm not sure it merits a PP place yet but it's certainly something to keep an ear on.
B) How in the fuck can people around here have "no idea" what HIM sounds like? I mean, this isn't 1981 so click on a link from any one of 1 million plus people and hear a song. Jesus christ, it's like spoon feeding an MTV generation all over again. And NO it's not too much to ask folks to at least have "an idea" what is driving main stream hard rock these days, particularly to the tune of gold status. Move your lazy fingers and find out about something that is going on. Like it. Or don't. But at least have some knowledge about it. And don't give me that shit about "it's too hard to know everything blah blah blah". It takes 2 seconds nowadays. Come out of your caves and join humanity please.

B) How in the fuck can people around here have "no idea" what HIM sounds like? I mean, this isn't 1981 so click on a link from any one of 1 million plus people and hear a song. Jesus christ, it's like spoon feeding an MTV generation all over again. And NO it's not too much to ask folks to at least have "an idea" what is driving main stream hard rock these days, particularly to the tune of gold status. Move your lazy fingers and find out about something that is going on. Like it. Or don't. But at least have some knowledge about it. And don't give me that shit about "it's too hard to know everything blah blah blah". It takes 2 seconds nowadays. Come out of your caves and join humanity please.

this made me lol like crazy. :lol:

I'll be honest...I wasn't much on HIM from the albums I had heard prior to going to a free (for me) HIM concert at the Tabernacle. HIM live is amazing. I don't even care who makes fun of me for that. The Keyboardist had a random but amazing solo in the middle of the show--the guitarist did solo fills and solos that I didn't even hear in the recorded versions of the songs. I was floored. HIM puts on a great show, love 'em or hate 'em. I walked out of the Tabernacle with an appreciation for the band.

this made me lol like crazy. :lol:

I'll be honest...I wasn't much on HIM from the albums I had heard prior to going to a free (for me) HIM concert at the Tabernacle. HIM live is amazing. I don't even care who makes fun of me for that. The Keyboardist had a random but amazing solo in the middle of the show--the guitarist did solo fills and solos that I didn't even hear in the recorded versions of the songs. I was floored. HIM puts on a great show, love 'em or hate 'em. I walked out of the Tabernacle with an appreciation for the band.

Really, the reason I first heard them (and found them to be a good thing for me) was I was sitting around wondering "who the fuck is this HIM band with all this merchandise and I don't know them?". I just saw their stuff everywhere and I thought "I'd like to know how a band I don't know is turning out merch at unprecedented levels." I clicked and 2 seconds later I knew a little bit more.