Kamelot's Vocalist Opening

Shredgirl

Can You Remember?
Feb 8, 2011
Another World
Michael, with the sad departure of Khan from Kamelot, is there any chance you would be taking the reins and become Kamelot's new full time vocalist?

You are one of only a couple people that have what it takes to fill Khan's shoes. :Smokedev:

Michael, with the sad departure of Khan from Kamelot, is there any chance you would be taking the reins and become Kamelot's new full time vocalist?

You are one of only a couple people that have what it takes to fill Khan's shoes. :Smokedev:

I agree 1000% with you on that! Michael Eriksen (stepping in for Roy) laid it on us at Prog Power last year and I have to say that NO ONE was disappointed with his singing ability! He stepped in on short notice, but his performance did not reflect that. :worship: I've seen the performances from Fabio, but his voice just doesn't fit with the vocals.

The only other person I could see replacing Roy, would be Tommy from Seventh Wonder. Tommy has an amazing voice range, just like Eriksen. I have to add though, in no way should it interfere with CM's or SW's own music. Those two bands are way too important to the Prog Metal scene to disappear.

I agree 1000% with you on that! Michael Eriksen (stepping in for Roy) laid it on us at Prog Power last year and I have to say that NO ONE was disappointed with his singing ability! He stepped in on short notice, but his performance did not reflect that. :worship: I've seen the performances from Fabio, but his voice just doesn't fit with the vocals.
Indeed, from the one live clip I saw below of that show I am so sad that I wasn't able to go. :(

Michael did an amazing job, and with only 3 days to rehearse for the show, phenomenal. :)

I agree with you, I've watched the Fabio performances and I have to stop watching, his voice does not suit anything from Kamelot. :confused:

The only other person I could see replacing Roy, would be Tommy from Seventh Wonder. Tommy has an amazing voice range, just like Eriksen. I have to add though, in no way should it interfere with CM's or SW's own music. Those two bands are way too important to the Prog Metal scene to disappear.
I've actually never listened to Seventh Wonder, someone posted some videos of him stepping in for Roy on tour but the audio was so horrible you could not make out anything. :( I asked for anyone to post some links to some of their best stuff so I could get a feel for what it would be like for him singing Kamelot, but no-one ever did.

The other vocalist I was thinking of is Chad Barnes from the American Progressive Metal band Draekon, he has a phenomenal voice that is eerily very close to Khan's, Roy Khan is one of his inspirations and he is a big Kamelot fan, so go figure. :) He even recorded a cover of Karma with Greek Power Metallers Orion's Reign and does a lot of Kamelot covers. You should check him out and his band.

I also agree though, in no way should this interfere with their primary band commitments. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%, I love both Kamelot and Rhapsody (Kamelot more obviously lol) Fabio does not suit Kamelot, I mean. The corny nerdic symphonic glorious Fabio doesn't suit what is the comparatively dark music of Kamelot, also, Roy Kahn's vocals are just so good in so many UNIQUE ways. Replacing him is a somewhat impossible task, Fabio is a great vocalist granted but just... No.
Michael Eriksen on the other hand, is a solid vocalist that I believe could a suitable replacement.
I listened to Draekon, I see what you mean Shredgirl, he is a great vocalist a bit more typical power metal vocals though.
One thing I love about being a Kamelot fan is not many people love it, I show my friends their music and they cannot see why I love it. They're fans of prog/power aswell (Well, they say they are) they say that Roy Kahn is a boring vocalist compared to other bands, I just look at them in disgust.
I couldn't believe he left Kamelot when I heard the news. I still hope that he might return, but if not... For me, Michael Eriksen would be a good replacement.

Will you be there? Waiting by the gates of dawn, when I close my eyes forever.

Yo ;)

Thx , those are some big shoes to fill..Thomas Youngblood and I have talked about this and we know what situation we`re both in...they need a FULL TIME member and it wouldn`t be fair to either CM or Kamelot to have me running around with both bands. Commitment is the keyword and my life IS CM .

Cheers Mikey

Yo ;)

Thx , those are some big shoes to fill..Thomas Youngblood and I have talked about this and we know what situation we`re both in...they need a FULL TIME member and it wouldn`t be fair to either CM or Kamelot to have me running around with both bands. Commitment is the keyword and my life IS CM .

Cheers Mikey

Glad to hear this. Selfishly, I don't want Tommy Karevik to fill them either. You two are amongst my favorite vocalists in two of my favorite bands. And Khan is an icon in the genre and also one of my favorites.

I know Fabio Lione has an amazing voice.....but I've heard him sing one of the Kamelot songs on You Tube and it didn't sound like a good fit to me. But if they choose him.....since I'm not crazy about Rhapsody of Fire.....that would be preferable to either of the afore mentioned. :loco: Ultimately, I am hoping for a Khan reunite (if he ever gets over whatever is afflicting him to the point where he can take the grind again) and then all of the speculation can go away.

Can't complain about it too much, though. That situation with Khan is what introduced me to CM and Seventh Wonder.

Yo ;)

Cheers Mikey
As sad as this makes me to read I do respect your decision and admire your commitment to CM. :)