Dammnare

Feb 16, 2008
How many here like it? I think its a great song especially the ` Ahhhhhhhh `` part in the beginning.It makes me feel like the spirit in the story gives a cry.

Love it. A really amazing song and the ending is very good too.

It's cool, not really a fav though.

EDIT: Although, of course, some parts of it are just completely amazing. I just got over the song after about a year.

Love it. A really amazing song and the ending is very good too.

After I read the lyrics,I illustrate and dream the story in my mind.For example at the beginning of the songs I dream that the spirit in story finds his body,posseses it and then just like the zombies in old movies,punches the ground from under and gets out of his coffin.Then runs in haste to find his lover to see her one more time because his time is running low.And when the growls close to the ending is playing,I think that his spirit is forced to leave the body and return to the heaven and he is struggling to keep his link to the world and growling because he doesnt want to go ( like saying NOOOOOOOOOO). When I listen to songs like this they feel better.I think Opeth is a artist and they actually make your brain illustrate what you listen to.And also,I sometimes get the feeling that an angel and devil is telling a story in any of the songs.( death growl,clean vocal contrast ). This makes me love opeth.

I rarely listen to MAYH in it's entirety for some reason, so it's nice to put it on and hear great tunes like Karma that i dont listen to as much and sometimes forget about, it's like re-discovering a golden nugget every so often.

...If i owned this on vinyl, the April Ethereal AND Credence sections would be melted.

Its a nice part to the story. I can't listen to the songs individually, its one of those cd's thats much better as a whole. Since its a story.