Katatonia: A Great Live Band!

kim larsen said:
don't you get what i just said?

i've seen them 3 or 4 times - i don't think it's a coincidence!!!

in fact i know it's not :yell:

hmm... maybe it would be an idea to save some bux next time and not attend if that would be yer 5:th attempt of gettin proven katatonia is a poor live band... over and out...

kim larsen said:
don't you get what i just said?

i've seen them 3 or 4 times - i don't think it's a coincidence!!!

in fact i know it's not :yell:

I dissagree.......and I have seen many of the top metal acts.....and Katatonia IS a good live band........I think that their older material wasnt meant necessarily to be played live....where as their newer stuff is definately awesome live.....some songs are better on CD...and some are better live.......I think you will find that to be true of ANY band........besides I think everyone will agree that your opinion means absolute shit here..... :Smug:

Blakkheim said:
hmm... maybe it would be an idea to save some bux next time and not attend if that would be yer 5:th attempt of gettin proven katatonia is a poor live band... over and out...

Well i like your band and the music very much, so i still enjoy the concert nevertheless. And the atmosphere!

But ain't i entitled to give my 5 cents about how i feel, or is this board solely for the purpose of praising the band?

Anyway, my opinion is based on the experience of the last 3 concerts i've seen; in hamburg (germany) + stengade (cph, dk) + loppen (cph, dk). The sound were poor at all places. Also i think Jonas' live-vocals aren't the best. Not saying he's not a great singer, just not that good live.

Maybe i've been unlucky catching you on bad days, who knows...

I hope you'll play at Lille Vega next time (were the sound is usually very good) or get a different sound engineer.

I'm a very big fan of live music, so i will of course see you next time :wave:
Kim

Deliverance6 said:
........besides I think everyone will agree that your opinion means absolute shit here..... :Smug:

How constructive! Would you rather have me agree and lie to myself, just so nobody will dislike me in here??

What's the point in having a discussion board if we all agree?

Of course i'll have my say in this.

Katatonia have lots of energy and great songs (which is why i come), but (very) poor sound and weak vocals (which is why i get disappointed).

kim larsen said:
How constructive! Would you rather have me agree and lie to myself, just so nobody will dislike me in here??

Katatonia have lots of energy and great songs (which is why i come), but (very) poor sound and weak vocals (which is why i get disappointed).

Hmmmm........I think that the majority of people here that have seen them live think that they perform exceptionally.......Dont get me wrong....I dont dislike you.....I just STRONGLY disagree with your opinion....and I think that most of us do.......I do hope that you dont care if people like your opinion here....because that is what its all about.....I certainly am not here to please everyone....and thats whay I can say that your opinion means shit.... ;)

Everyone's opinion matters, if it's honest and constructive Reece, whether you agree with it or not.. ;).

I partly agree with him, there's a thin line between when songs come across well live and not, it all depends on a person's mood, the sound and the performance of the band.
Anthony said:
Of what i'm really amazed - Daniel Lilijekvist is FUCKING great! His playing is really live, he improvises a lot, he makes mistakes and he makes differences in his parts every time. I'm just his fan.
I agree with you here, except that for me this is one of the main negative things about Katatonia live, his "improvisations, mistakes and differences" is exactly what 'kills' the feeling and impact of the original songs for me.

I am actually a fan of his playing, on CD. I was delighted when I heard LFDGD for the first few times, what a great new drummer, awesome drive, great groove! But live it all sounds totally different and gone is this drive & groove. Though I gotta say on the DVD it ain't that bad and I'm able to enjoy it.

Another example of the contrary is Daylight Dies' live performance I witnessed in Utrecht almost 2 years ago (supporting Katatonia). They managed to re-produce and enhance the atmosphere of their songs in an utterly amazing way. This concert is still one of the best and most intense concerts I ever witnessed.

kim larsen said:

A little bit of my heart broke when you left Saturnus.

I haven't seen the band in the live setting, but as long as they play such amazing songs I can't see how it wouldn't be enjoyable watching them play them with a nice cold beer. I hope one day I get the chance!