Katatonia Fansite/Downloads

Portisfreak

Oct 15, 2001
Mönchengladbach/Germany
Well, its like this:
I'm planning to create an inofficial german Katatonia fansite (will take some time, so i plan to have it ready within the next 3-6 months)
What I was thinking about are the downloads: I will surely have the samples from all albums for download, but how about the sold out EP songs like "Scarlet Heavens" oder "Quiet World" ? If not illegal, i would plan to have zip archives containing the 3 rare/sold out EPs "Saw you drown", "Sounds of decay" and "Jhva Elohim Meth...". Of course i'd remove the downloads when the singles would be re-released in any way.

In this case it would be interesting to know where the copyrights actually are. Are they still at Avantgarde Records or did Peaceville take them over?

avantgarde seem to owe rights to the old stuff till 'discouraged...' (including 'sounds of decay'), and peaceville to the blue album and the following ones...
but I'm sure only for 99% and have no idea about 'jiva...' rehearsal (is it still _vic records_ ?)

anyway I cheer you on... :)

I would LOVE someone to do this - I have been planning on making a flash site for Katatonia, but I'll probably never get around to it - but if someone could put the "Jhva Elohim Meth" songs on a website, that would be fantastic cause I just can't get my hands on it. I have Sounds of Decay and Saw You Drown...just not Jhva Elohim Meth!