Katatonia on MTV?

catchiest album of all time huh? :lol: I dunno about that

there's some very catchy stuff on some of the tracks but some bands just do catchy cds the whole way through

it pretty much is. if I'm in a more melancholic kinda mood I put on one of the three first clean voc cds, but if I'm just chilling it's usually VE. just clean addictive melodies all around

It's absolutely true that they deserve this recognition and it's great for the band. However, a small selfish part of me wants them to stay undiscovered. I have absolutely no reasoning or justification for this thought however and I am not entirely sure why I feel this way.

hi there, i never post here, but i really like katatonia. i know im gonna be flamed for sure but i really dont see katatonia as a "metal" band, at least not in the past few releases. they are much more "rock" flavored so to speak, than say,,,,dark tranquillity or amon amarth.so i think that they might get some more exposure because of it.

hard rock with metal influences. :lol: I'd rather be considered rock since there is so much more variety to rock than metal. rock is the bastard child of so many styles, it's the bestest.

of course but there is more of a definition on what you can and can't do. with rock pretty much anything goes.

At least the MTV2 plays music videos. However, most of the Headbangers Ball music is that metalcore garbage. It's not like it used to be in the 80's and early 90's.

But knowing how many Americans act to bands like this...once they see Mattias' hair or notice the lyrics someone is gonna scream EMO!!!!

Yeah, like you I've noticed that "emo" is the new term for denigration regardless of if a band fits the description or not.

Personally, I feel that Katatonia has the potential to break big in America. Look at the mainstream success of Tool when it comes to heavy music, as well as bands like Interpol carving out their place in alternative rock. I can see Katatonia appealing to fans of both styles.

Full speed ahead! :D

It's absolutely true that they deserve this recognition and it's great for the band. However, a small selfish part of me wants them to stay undiscovered. I have absolutely no reasoning or justification for this thought however and I am not entirely sure why I feel this way.

Couldnt have said it better my self man lol. :err: