Katatonia - Passing Bird

Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
What is this song about? Is it about some chick who thinks that she's depressed? Wannabe chick?

Becouse of this line:

She's got black hair
And she has got a black dress
She's pretending
That her life is a mess

Sounds like the "goth" look equates to the image of some problem. More of a stereotype of the image of goth : goth = at least a partially messed up life. [IMO based on the 4 lines you presented]

Originally posted by splump
I think its a diss for the image-goth-people..
To much fucking EMO, its false i know..

I think they are dissing em.. Dont you? :)

well ive seen em twice this year, and no offence intended they wore the same clothes, but the point is they wore all black, all had black shades on, which they hung in their shirt pockets and all had those chainy things nu-metal wankers wear. anyway they wore all black...

Hmm even the topics directly related to Katatonia are now being posted on other boards. So much for that forum...

I can see where you are coming from in your in your opinions about this song, and do agree. BUt I always felt a kind of different view on what the song is about. I guess its is just kind of personal experiences that I have been able to relate the lyrics to.

I think it's sort of about what's been said so far. But I think there's something more that I can't figure out. I can't figure out most of their songs.

Come to think of it most good songs are hard to crack. I wonder if the people who write them even know. Mikael said he had no idea what Bleak was about, and he wrote the damn lyrics.

Passing Bird's good though. Catchy somehow. I think I'll send it to someone right now.

-Hondo