katatonia sound

welcome to the board, any specific reason for your view on the heaven and hell thing? i think their last 4 albums are just about life, ''i live 'cause i need more light'', ''lets stay here for awhile, is something gonna happen today'' etc. i think there is a change from the growls to clean vocals othre than sound, is that what you mean? old is hell, and new is heaven? or am i completely wrong :confused:

Well in a spatial sense, I guess Katatonia are between heaven and hell (i.e. earth!):)

Seriously though, I think that there is something 'earthy' about them. As you say Transparent, everything about them (sound, lyrics, image etc.) is tied to daily life -something that is often neglected by many bands.

Cheers.

I think that heaven and hell reflect two main soul feelings when u listen to katatonia songs....when i listen to BRAVE MURDER DAY i feel a lot of melancholy and sorrow in every single part of every song[in particular BRAVE RAINROOM ENDTIME] and this is what i think is the hell part of katatonia music[i see this elements even in SOUNDS OF DECAY mcd,SCARLET HEAVENS song and in some songs as SAW YOU DROWN SWEET NURSE TEARGAS FOR MY DEMONS and BLACK SESSION],but when I listen to some others songs [as TONIGHT-S MUSIC DISPOSSESSION DEADHOUSE IN DEATH A SONG ect..} I feel sweetness and a seductive flow of emotions and this is what I think is the Heaven element of Kata songs....that-s all....:)

For me all of them are depressive.I want to shout when i listen some of them;I want to just listen some of them like our hero (in some songs he/she is just watching in some thme he/she is complaining in some he/she is killing etc.
They are not hell or heaven.They are more likely "Purgatory"

"I declare life as purgatory"