KATATONIA to tour North America with Moonspell & Daylight Dies

Actually, the latest Moonspell is ok. Much better than their earlier (and quite laughable) stuff. Now they sound like a mix between old Paradise Lost (think Icon and Draconian Times) and contemporary My Dying Bride.

Katatonia isn't the greatest live act unfortunately... I love their CDs (even the latest one) but was rather dissapointed when I finally got to see on stage.

NFU: You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone as bitter as yourself.

Oink: Get over it. You were being rude and Blakkheim set you straight a couple times. So what?

I'd love to see the tour, but won't get my hopes up. Even if it is confirmed some time, there still aren't likely to be many Canadian dates.

Khayman666 said:
NFU: You know, I don't think I've ever seen someone as bitter as yourself.

Oink: Get over it. You were being rude and Blakkheim set you straight a couple times. So what?

I'd love to see the tour, but won't get my hopes up. Even if it is confirmed some time, there still aren't likely to be many Canadian dates.

excuse me...who are you? you know nothing about me, youve seen me type music related things on the internet. please stfu.

Point proven.

Though you're right, all I know of you is what you type on the Opeth forum. You don't do yourself any favours though.

Edit: though maybe I should explain. See, usually I'd have a lot of respect for someone who seems to know about every rock, metal and prog band under the sun. If someone mentioned a band and you said "I've never really liked them, maybe you should check out so-and-so instead" I'm sure you'd have a lot more fans here. It's just the blatant 'they blow donkey balls and so do you for listening to them! Listen to this band and if you don't like them you're an idiot with inferior musical taste!' attitude that makes you come across as bitter.

NineFeetUnderground said:
probably because youre a tool, and it wouldnt be odd to someone with only half a brain why their moonspell CD doesnt shine brightly next to their lacuna coil and nightwish CDs on your shelf.
God, you're a fucking idiot. I don't even listen to Nightwish and Lacuna Coil.

This is great news. I'm a big Moonspeel fan, having seen them twice. Seemed like most fans at the show thought they sucked & were gay. Personally I like their albums & thought they put on a decent live show.

Katatonia is a band I've liked for a while & I would like seeing them. I'm not to impressed with their new album, but some of the older stuff is good.

Now Daylight Dies is one of my favorite US bands & I've wanted to see them ever since I first listened to No Reply a few yrs ago. The new album is also most excellent. Their vocals are the weakest link in the band. The new & old vocalists sound exactly the same which isn't a good thing, but the guitars & rhythm are excellent. They put together very enjoyable 7 to 8 minute songs.

moonspell have released some cheesy gothy songs, but they have also come up with more than decent songs as well. i haven't seen them live, so i can't say anything about that. but i heard a couple clips of them live and it seemed like riberio performance is much better on record than on stage. i really love their third full-length album sin/pecado. riberio does clean vocals throughout. the songs are nothing really complicated but they really work for me (eg. handmadegod, abysmo, magdalene, the hanged man). i can see that some people will not like this, thinking that riberio was trying to impress gothic chicks, but there is more to it. after all these years (9 i think) i still play this album a whole lot and enjoy it. i don't think moonspell have released an album afterwards that matched it. there are some good songs on the antidote, however (the first four basically). again nothing groundbreaking, just solid gothy metal.
still, katatonia willl be my main reason to see the bands on tour. they have consistently released excellent albums over the years without repeating themselves.

Khayman666 said:
Point proven.

Though you're right, all I know of you is what you type on the Opeth forum. You don't do yourself any favours though.

Edit: though maybe I should explain. See, usually I'd have a lot of respect for someone who seems to know about every rock, metal and prog band under the sun. If someone mentioned a band and you said "I've never really liked them, maybe you should check out so-and-so instead" I'm sure you'd have a lot more fans here. It's just the blatant 'they blow donkey balls and so do you for listening to them! Listen to this band and if you don't like them you're an idiot with inferior musical taste!' attitude that makes you come across as bitter.

im not bitter. i just tell it like it is. im not looking for "fans". im perfectly content with my privied information. however, anyone who has the sense to pay attention and/or inquire, im glad to help out and point in the right direction.

NineFeetUnderground said:
im not bitter. i just tell it like it is. im not looking for "fans". im perfectly content with my privied information. however, anyone who has the sense to pay attention and/or inquire, im glad to help out and point in the right direction.

Your personal view is NOT "how it is." Its your own fucking opinion, so stop shitting on other people's.

Yay, Katatonia is finally coming to U.S. I've been waiting for this for a while..

Moonspell kicks ass, I can't wait to see them too. I haven't heard Daylight Dies yet though..