Katatonia - Viva Emptiness (3 tracks promo)

hay guys so i heard the new katatonia sampler and it sounds like slipknot. criminals = korn ripoff.

ARE THERE ANY GUYS WHITH ONLY ONE OPPINION HOW IT SOUNDS LIKE?

everyone says something else. one said it's nu-metalish, the other slipknotish and kornish. the other said it sounds like LFDGD only havier.

i want a objective oppinion not that emotional "it's shit" stuff.

Originally posted by Blood and Fat
good joke.

ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR??? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING?? CUZ THATS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR TRYING TO DO AND I DON'T APPRECIATE THAT AT ALL OK??????

jeez try and give someone ur opinion and they call u a liar.

obviously if u dont think it sounds like korn ur obviously not a very keen listener or as intellektual as myself

Originally posted by godless
ARE THERE ANY GUYS WHITH ONLY ONE OPPINION HOW IT SOUNDS LIKE?

everyone says something else. one said it's nu-metalish, the other slipknotish and kornish. the other said it sounds like LFDGD only havier.

i want a objective oppinion not that emotional "it's shit" stuff.

Yes. I will be completely straight up and honest with you. IMO the new album is fucking incredible, fuck those peopel that say it sounds nu metalish, it sounds NOTHING of the sort. If u liked LFDGD then in all liklihood you will adore the new album. This album is absolutely unbelievable, both in songwriting, riffs, and INCREDIBLE vocal harmonies. It sounds like a beefed up Discouraged Ones, with amazing drumming, and awe inspiring guitar work. Best Katatonia album...ever.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Yes. I will be completely straight up and honest with you. IMO the new album is fucking incredible, fuck those peopel that say it sounds nu metalish, it sounds NOTHING of the sort. If u liked LFDGD then in all liklihood you will adore the new album. This album is absolutely unbelievable, both in songwriting, riffs, and INCREDIBLE vocal harmonies. It sounds like a beefed up Discouraged Ones, with amazing drumming, and awe inspiring guitar work. Best Katatonia album...ever.

Thanks for YOUR comment ;))

We should compare that album to the other ones like LFDGD. It's non-sense to compare katatonia with other bands. It's their own sound.

I don't ask you how you got this masterpiece... I will buy it when it's released ;)

I heard the samples from katatonia.com and the voice of Jonas... did he try hard? It sounds really great!

Hope they will tour in my region ...

Why is it that everytime a band tries a little deviation from their last album so many people have to say elitist garbage like "its shit".."their old stuff is so much better"..."it sounds like nu-metal". The three songs i've heard are different then what i've heard from katatonia, but they are very good. They just take some getting used to and the expectations of what the songs were going to be have to be replaced by this new conception of what katatonia is trying to do with these songs. By the way, if "criminals" is a ripoff of Korn could you please tell me which songs sound simmilar cuz there's no way in hell i've ever heard anything from korn that sounded close to this good.

Fine by me. I loved that album. I'm too pyched about Damnation to worry about this. Reading reviews and interviews all morning can do that to ya. Earth Day release date! yay

Speedkill-
"I'm confused. I was just making fun of Ecto's grammar."

Well, it wasn't funny enough! ;) And besides, you should get 30 lashings for not following The Code! kids these days

:p

i heard the 3 promo tracks.. nu-metal comments are just wrong, the songs have nothing to do with it. it's true they aren't as strong as the "teargas" sample but still they are great. especially "ghost of the sun" and "criminals".....