Kazaa problem

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Not long after I installed a newer version of Kazaa (Kazaa Lite K++), it started fucking me around. It downloads things without me telling it to, like key generators and stuff, and when I download mp3s, it saves them with '.mp3' on the end, but as a .SCR file (ie, like this 'queen - innuendo.mp3', which is a .SCR file :erk: ). Does anyone know how I can fix this shit?

If not, does anyone know where I can download a new Kazaa Lite from?

:erk:

Blitz, you got a virus. I had that one at work, it got all sorts of things. I think it's the Klez virus, but I'm not sure. It's not actually Kazza Lite that's doing it. Although that might be how you got infected.

And Sharman Networks (the people who put out Kazaa) have changed their protocol so Kazza Lite doesn't work properly any more. It will still search for files from everyone, but it will only download from other Kazza Lite users, and there's not as many of those as you'd think. It's possible that you may not notice it, as you're just a poor pleb on dial-up, but my download speeds went from 50-80kbps down to 2-3.

phlogiston said:
And Sharman Networks (the people who put out Kazaa) have changed their protocol so Kazza Lite doesn't work properly any more. It will still search for files from everyone, but it will only download from other Kazza Lite users, and there's not as many of those as you'd think. It's possible that you may not notice it, as you're just a poor pleb on dial-up, but my download speeds went from 50-80kbps down to 2-3.
[color=#aoeooa]He's right, they cut the Lite Supernodes to pretty much nothing, so basically you can use Lite but you won't get any decent downloading speeds, just around 2-3Kb/s. Which the difference would be un-noticible on dial up anyway.

But really Kazaa is pretty much dead, Lite is virtually gone with any decent speed and the real one has too much spyware for anyone to bother getting it. I run WinMX if anything.

Actually makes you do the work for a change, which means the more effort you put in, the better the downloading. Gets rid of those stupid pop-kazaa kids.[/color]

I quite like WinMX and I keep meaning to get Kazaa Lite now I have a computer that might actually run it. After what I've just been reading in this thread, maybe that's not such a good idea :eek:.

Last time I tried Soulseek I got inundated with spyware and popups. They must have cleaned up their act a bit now though, because I can't imagine Phloggy putting up with that sort of nonsense.

W

Oh wait, did you mean their website? Because their domain seems to get regularly hijacked and replaced with less-than-scrupulous stuff. For example, the one at the top of google isn't the proper one.

This is the current one:
http://www.slsknet.org/

Stealing music is wrong.