Kazrog KClip 1.0 Released

Kazrog, so much cool stuff here. Do you code all this stuff from scratch in C++? You must never sleep!

Kazrog, so much cool stuff here. Do you code all this stuff from scratch in C++? You must never sleep!

Haha, thanks! Yes, I code everything in C++, but of course all of us plugin developers aren't truly working "from scratch" in that we have to hook into an existing set of formats. Beyond all that, though, it really is an empty canvas, but not without plenty of inspirations and starting points.

Just bought it but it appears as being "non compatible" in Logics AU-manager.

Anyone using KClip with Logic 9?

Working on a fix for Logic 9 users in Mac OS X 10.6.8. There seem to be a lot of people running this exact setup out there. Thankfully, I have an old beater 2006 MacBook Pro running exactly the same setup to test on. :)

Working on a fix for Logic 9 users in Mac OS X 10.6.8. There seem to be a lot of people running this exact setup out there. Thankfully, I have an old beater 2006 MacBook Pro running exactly the same setup to test on. :)

Great!

Eager to try this thing out :)

Any news?

Still haven't been able to use the plug in...

Some words about how to use this on kick, snare or master bus for the newbies should be great.
I find it a little less intuitive than others as Gclip.

Some words about how to use this on kick, snare or master bus for the newbies should be great.
I find it a little less intuitive than others as Gclip.

Well, it's essentially the same idea, other than the Guard/Ceiling feature and much higher quality oversampling. Be sure to read the manual if you haven't already (it's short) and also check out the video review below as it explains many aspects of the plugin in detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1EQpcKcWSk

Typically on a snare track or any other individual track or bus, I would not bother using the Guard, and I would turn down the output level by the same dB amount being boosted at the input Gain stage (so, if you're doing +3dB on the Gain, turn down the Output -3dB.) Experiment with softening the clipping for a different feel.

On a master, you're going to want to use the Guard/Ceiling as per the instructions in the manual, and you're going to want to keep the plugin at hard clipping (the default 0% on the Soften control.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this recently as well. Can't wait for the link and hopefully some waveform display in the UI. I actually have loaded GClip in after it just as a visual reference so I can see how much is being chopped off and then remove it after it's set. Also, found it sounded better with it just on the drum buss rather than the whole mix. Not sure how else everyone has been using it, but I'll clip the drum buss so that when pushing a mix to -10db RMS or so the master limiter (Pro-L) is only ducking -3db or so.