KD Fall Tour

inkybmistro said:
Magic Stick

MTVs_Beavis_and_Butthead_snes_ScreenShot1.jpg

If the band needs somewhere to crash in Mississippi, I have an apartment in Jackson. Its a hop away from Hattiesburg and has enough floorspace for the band methinks. I will be at the show come hell or high water.

I'm reposting this because it more belongs in this thread.

dude, if you can get up here, High Street is the street through the center of the city north-south, in fact, its the street which is the dividing line for street addresses being either "east" or "west". It's right to the east of the mighty Olentangy. since you're unfamiliar with the metropolis, tho, get up here in daylight. that'll give you time to grab something to eat and maybe we could hook up somewhere. One thing I like about Columbus is its laid out in an incredibly sensible manner, everything is north-south east west.

Band: I'm sure you already know this but let me know if you'll need any kind of help getting in. Columbus is right on I-70 (east-west,), with I-71 running through it north-south (north to cleveland). I think last year you must have travelled west on I-80.

Hey guys,
This is our current Rough Draft itinerary. If ANYONE can help us out with any of these dates, please let me know. Thanks!

The ones in red have already been confirmed. :)

OCTOBER

1 - Purchase, NY @ SUNY Purchase College
2 – NYC
3 – Portland Maine or New Hampshire
4 – Burlington, VT
5 – Syracuse, NY
6 – Buffalo, NY
7 - Columbus, OH @ High Five Bar with Silencio and Mouth of the Architect
8 – Cleveland or Detroit or Ann Arbor or Chicago
9 - Chicago, IL
10 – St Louis, MO
11 – Des Moines @ Vaudeville Mews
12 – Madison, WI
13 – Minneapolis, MN @ 7th Street Entry w/Mel Gibson and the Pants
14 – Sioux Falls, SD
15 – Lincoln or Omaha
16 – Denver, CO
17 – Salt Lake City, UT
18 – Boise, ID
19 – Seattle, WA
20 – Olympia, WA
21 – Portland, OR
22 – Arcata, CA
23 – Sacramento, CA
24 – Oakland or Berkeley or Santa Cruz
25 – San Francisco, CA @ The Hemlock Tavern
26 – Santa Cruz or Los Angeles
27 – Los Angeles, CA
28 – San Diego, CA
29 –Tucson, AZ
30 0r 31 – Albuquerque, NM

NOVEMBER

2 – Austin, TX
3 – Denton, TX
4 – Houston, TX
5 – New Orleans, LA
6 - Hattiesburg, MS @ Venue TBA
7 – Tallahassee, FL @ Kleman Plaza

8 – Tampa, FL
9 – Miami, FL
10 – Gainesville, FL
11 – Savannah, GA
12 – Atlanta, GA @ Lenny's
13 – Nashville, TN @ The Muse
14 – Knoxville, TN or Asheville, NC
15 – Asheville, NC
16 – Winston-Salem, NC
17 – Washington, DC
18 – Philadelphia, PA
29 - Brooklyn, NY @ Northsix
21 – Boston, MA

hey inkybmistro, have you been to shows at the UICA? Do they do loud, heavy music and is the space good? Is it easy for people to get to/ in a semi-busy area or is it really out of the way and only car accessible?
I'm looking at their "performance proposal application" - they're snail mail only and to send them a packet would cost at least 10 bucks, so i'd rather save the time and $ if it's not going to pan out.

I was there for a film/gallery event last year, but never for a music performance. I'm hesitant to say whether or not they'd go for heavy stuff, but the vibe I got was that it's possible. People shouldn't have any trouble getting there. Architecture in Helsinki did a show there just before they came to Detroit, and I talked to the guy about it he said it went really well and there was a great turnout/audience enjoying themselves, etc. Space-wise, they're an 8(-ish) piece band with lots of equipment and they were accommodated, so that should work out.

If sending an application is risky, wait - I sent an e-mail with some questions. Plus I'm going to scope out a bunch of other venues so you can have your pick of the litter.

I promise to bring more than 5 people to the Houston show, as the last was rather under-attended. I also promise pizza (hopefully better) and refreshments for teh KD.

SuperHappyFunLand would probably be a sure bet for booking in Houston, but you might also try Numbers.

I want to make the Austin show, but I'm not sure how that will fly with school and all. WE'LL SEE...

In Madison there are two clubs with a capacity of about 400 both right next to or on campus with large stages and great sound: Luther's Blues and The Annex. There's probably some other smaller venues I don't know about since I haven't lived there in 4 years, but you can't go wrong with either one of these.