KD Fall Tour

simon, we've been hearing that bands are having trouble getting over the border with their gear, etc. What could happen if we were booked in Montreal is that we'd get turned back at the border and would end up a no-show for the gig.

:(

Well I have not heard anything like that recently as long as you keep your weed home (we have plenty here). I saw An Albatross last week for a freaking loft show and didn't have any problems with the border. I will inquire with my promoter "friends" about this...

I've heard that some bands tell the border patrol ppl that they're going over to record and as long as they have a letter from a studio, they're golden. just be careful with merch.

There are exemptions so if I find you a gig in an art space or something like that it should work. With the proper paperwork of course:

Foreign artists and their essential supporting staff coming to Canada to perform do not need a permit if they are only performing in Canada for a limited period of time and will not be performing in a bar or restaurant. Artists working in Canada in this category may not enter into an employment relationship with the Canadian group that has contracted for their services. Artists must also not perform for the production of a movie, television or radio broadcast.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/exempt-1.html#artists

just as the van drives up to the border toby snaps his fingers and is like "...NOW!"

and with a mad scramble the seven sweaty boys + mia root through the boxes of merch, flinging items every which way.

the uniformed border guard leans into the window with his tinted aviator sunglasses and is like "what we got here, ey?" and looks at the eight smiling kayo dotites all wearing six layers of t-shirts.

two days later, a teenager leaves the kayo dot show, turns to his friend, and says "dude, i think this t-shirt smells"

More info:

exactly
you still need the venue to have their tax exempt status and then a venue or official promoter (one who is registered and pays taxes as such) to fill out contracts/paperwork.
i know sala and el salon are both considered "concert halls " or something like that so bands don't need a visa to play there.

in adition to having you proper paperwork everyone needs thei birth certificate and/or a passport.
no one should have a criminal record and the van s hould be very clean.

Looks good to me and it is legit! So all you need is a letter from the promoter/concert hall and your passport/birth cerificate and everything should fine as long as you playing in a proper space...

lizard said:
regrettably I will not be able to furnish the band with w33d

Well, if I'm able to be there in Columbus, I'll be able to supply a bit, atleast enough for after the show. As well as a some $hr00ms to anyone who's interested.

damnit. we were supposed to go on the honeymoon we didn't get last year, like leaving on oct 8th so i'd miss that 10th date in stl.

powerpuff2.jpg

cuuurses.