Kemper Profiles of my TAPP AMPS.

EdwardPayne

May 10, 2006
www.metallfabriken.se
I made my first Kemper profiles of my two TAPP AMPS.

--- Edit ---
DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.metallfabriken.se/downloads
-----------

TAPP AMPS has been used on albums by Hypocrisy, Pain, Aeon, Scar Symmetry, Dark Funeral, Overkill, Volturyon, Degradead to name a few!

These two models are the first prototype of each model and I think they are truly amazing. Please find more about them at www.tappamps.com.

I'd be more than happy to make any reamping for you guys if you are interested!

I did some random riffing with my ESP Viper Baritone with Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

Tapp Amps - MARZIAN

Tapp Amps - IRATUS

/ Marcus - Souldrainer

iratus-front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These sound great for sure! Really fantastic job. Where can we pick up the profiles? I assume since you are putting them up, and not a recording of the real amp you are willing to share???

Where can we get the profiles dude?

Hold on, I'm gonna find a place to put them online!

What cab/micing setup was used? That's the most important part, by far.

Cab: MUG 4x12. Celestion Classic Lead
Mics: sE1a + JJlabs HRM-7B Ribbon
I built the cab myself but it's a copy of the MUG 412 cabinet which was sold in Sweden in the 90's and built by the son of Jim Marshall in England. It sounds nothing like a Marshall cabinet and is NOT built as one.

These sound great for sure! Really fantastic job. Where can we pick up the profiles? I assume since you are putting them up, and not a recording of the real amp you are willing to share???

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'll find a place to put them online!

Hold on, I'm gonna find a place to put them online!

Cab: MUG 4x12. Celestion Classic Lead
Mics: sE1a + JJlabs HRM-7B Ribbon
I built the cab myself but it's a copy of the MUG 412 cabinet which was sold in Sweden in the 90's and built by the son of Jim Marshall in England. It sounds nothing like a Marshall cabinet and is NOT built as one.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'll find a place to put them online!

After hearing the last Aeon album and been totally BLOWN AWAY by these amps, I'd be super stoked to try these profiles :) Sounds awesome man, thank you!

That would be awesome man, these sound great, really love the attack. Have you considered putting them on the rig exchange? Would be great promotion for these amps FOR SURE.

thanks for sharing but profiles aside i like your kemper forum user name m/
:)

Hmm, my name in that forum is also EdwardPayne, but I just searched that forum and saw a guy named HappyKemper writing about my profiles, perhaps you mistook him for me?

sounds great.
but they both sound kind the same, at least to my ears

Yes I think so too, they are very similar but if you listen carefully you will hear differences. The kemper evens out the differences a bit and in reality they are a but more different.

VERY cool profiles. Killer attack in those amps! Thanks alot for sharing!

Cheers. Thank you, glad you like them!

Thanks man.... Downloaded, I'll check them out today!

Cool, let me know what you think!

Awesome work Ed! I've been meaning to get my hands on some TAPP profiles for a while now. I loved the sound of it on the "Aeons Black" album by Aeon (that tone was mixed in with a 5150, I believe).

Let us know if you happen to make any more!!!

Oh sorry for the confusion Ed, i guess he mustve mentionned you in his post since the profiles are yours but i didnt pay attention.

OT: One thing ive noted that is worth mentioning (perhaps) is that even though profiles are not like listening to the amp in the room and the volume u use is much less important to the tone (except for the fletcher manson of course) you should still turn up your studio monitors at least a bit when trying out ANY profile. It gets much easier to judge if they are good. Its sounds more like a recorded amp you can hear the "cab" more and the punch of the profile.
I know im not saying anything new but i was deleting profiles or keeping some that i wouldnt have if i listened to them properly and thats because i am used to writing and tracking my ideas at a rather low volume.

To go back to the subject, i gave them a quick try they are great profiles. I hope to have some time to try them in a mix soon. Im using some profiles i made for songwriting that im satisfied with for the purpose, but ill take some new (and hopefully better) ones before i record the actual track, and ill share some profiles of different amps even ones i wont be using (you gotta choose in the end haha). In the meantime the kpa has been nice in bein able to try other sounds of amps i dont own and have fun with them, its kind of a school of tone!
Cheers.

Awesome work Ed! I've been meaning to get my hands on some TAPP profiles for a while now. I loved the sound of it on the "Aeons Black" album by Aeon (that tone was mixed in with a 5150, I believe).

Let us know if you happen to make any more!!!

Thanks! Well, we are not many with a Tapp and a Kemper. The only one I know (besides myself) with that combination is Peter Tägtgren and I heard he profiled the Tapp Amps He used on the latest Hypocrisy album to use when they are touring.

Yes, you are correct about the Aeon album. We used this Marzian and a 6505 in combination. (As I think I wrote earlier, this profile is not like the Aeon sound. It's different mics, different cab and the amp is dialed differently). Actually, there is only one Marzian built yet but I believe Mr Täpp has parts for one more in his workshop.

Oh sorry for the confusion Ed, i guess he mustve mentionned you in his post since the profiles are yours but i didnt pay attention.

OT: One thing ive noted that is worth mentioning (perhaps) is that even though profiles are not like listening to the amp in the room and the volume u use is much less important to the tone (except for the fletcher manson of course) you should still turn up your studio monitors at least a bit when trying out ANY profile. It gets much easier to judge if they are good. Its sounds more like a recorded amp you can hear the "cab" more and the punch of the profile.
I know im not saying anything new but i was deleting profiles or keeping some that i wouldnt have if i listened to them properly and thats because i am used to writing and tracking my ideas at a rather low volume.

To go back to the subject, i gave them a quick try they are great profiles. I hope to have some time to try them in a mix soon. Im using some profiles i made for songwriting that im satisfied with for the purpose, but ill take some new (and hopefully better) ones before i record the actual track, and ill share some profiles of different amps even ones i wont be using (you gotta choose in the end haha). In the meantime the kpa has been nice in bein able to try other sounds of amps i dont own and have fun with them, its kind of a school of tone!
Cheers.

Yes I think you are right. I'm glad you like them but, as you say, you have to try every profile in a mix before you can be sure it's a good one. That's true for all sounds. A sound can be amazing when playing by yourself but it can be impossible to fit in a mix some times.