Kemper Profiling Amp

Firmware 2.0 had a lot of efx add ons. Didn't really get to mess with 1.8 or whatever mine came with yesterday.

I've got some profiles of my gp1000s + VHT + 1960b ill post up tmmw.

Hey dudes,

we got a lot of very good feedback about the MetalPack. :)
In the next few weeks, we will da more amps: Marshall JVM, Marshall JMD, Engl Fireball 100, Engl SpecialEdition.
So stay tuned!

Looking forward to the Engl Stuff, and a properly profiled Diezel Herbert.

Do you guys have any plans to maybe add an extra mic, perhaps a 609 or 421 etc to maybe capture a "bigger" sounding cabinet, while careful to avoid phase issues etc? This mostly applies to the Diezel Herbert, as it is extremely difficult to capture the "bigness" of the herbert, and the full EQ spectrum of it with just a single 57, atleast in my experience, and some top engineers I know personally as well.

Can't say it, yet...I never plan to use a special mic or something...I will use what sounds best. This may be a Sm57, a Ribbon, a Brauner, a combination...we will see.

Firmware 2.0 had a lot of efx add ons. Didn't really get to mess with 1.8 or whatever mine came with yesterday.

I've got some profiles of my gp1000s + VHT + 1960b ill post up tmmw.

Have you trued the perfom mode yet? Is it any good?

Can't say it, yet...I never plan to use a special mic or something...I will use what sounds best. This may be a Sm57, a Ribbon, a Brauner, a combination...we will see.

I'm loving these. I've played through every profile trying to be as subjective as I can, no preconceived notions of how they should and shouldn't sound. I've was jotting down the ones I really liked as I went along. It wasn't until I had been trough all of them I noticed that none of the one I wrote down use the Fredman technique.

I just pulled the trigger on a Kemper and I should receive it early next week. I am beyond geeked to endlessly noodle with this thing. After a little reading, I am slightly disappointed from my understanding that bass amps are not captured that well. Anyone have any good experiences with bass sounds?

I just pulled the trigger on a Kemper and I should receive it early next week. I am beyond geeked to endlessly noodle with this thing. After a little reading, I am slightly disappointed from my understanding that bass amps are not captured that well. Anyone have any good experiences with bass sounds?

Dammit! I guess that means more time spent noodling with new gear and less on finishing mixing the damn march hare album :yell:.

I've heard people having good results with bass amps. I'm pretty sure Lasse mentioned he did some good profiles and I believe some of them will be in his metal pack which Kemper is going to release sometime soon (I hope).

Who said that? I've not experienced that in any context aside from trying to capture a Sansamp RBI. I use the KPA for bass on literally all of my stuff now.

Who said that? I've not experienced that in any context aside from trying to capture a Sansamp RBI. I use the KPA for bass on literally all of my stuff now.

I must admit that I have not done a lot of research on this, however, I watched a youtube video last night of some dude trying to match a bass amp with very poor results. He mentioned that Kemper states it doesn't do a good job of capturing bass amps. It is very possibly, and extremely likely that the gentleman in the video is a putz.

The only bass amp I've tried to profile is an Ampeg SVT-CL with 8x10" cab. I spent some time with it and didn't really get close at all, the low end was way off.

Interesting I started this thread but I have thus far had better luck using my own profiles than others.

Wait a minute... You mean to tell me, You have better luck with profiles you dialed in with your specific gear, settings, amps, guitar Etc, than you do with other people's profiles that were probably dialed in with their taste and style and gear in mind? You don't say.....

Okay I'll stop being a prick, but seriously is that really surprising to you?