Kemper Profiling Amp

I've just dialed in the perfect sweden death tone /HM2 and 8100), sounded so fricking awesome...unfortunately it's impossible to profile that tone even remotely similar...and believe me, I've tried for about an hour.....
:(

I've also tried profiling the HM2 with no luck. The KPA manual states that some distortion pedals aren't able to be properly reproduced. Unfortunately that must be one of them...
I wonder though, if you were to just turn off the HM2 in your chain, and profile only the 8100, I wonder if a person could have good results with running the HM2 in front of the Kemper, into that profile?

I made an attempt of getting close to the Surtur Rising tone from Amon Amarth by just using the eq from the Kemper. Close? I couldn't dial out the top end fizz properly since there's no low pass on the KPA.

Original track on the left, dual tracked KPA on the right:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some more bright and tight Dual Rectifier profiles. What do you think?

They're on the exchange, named RACKTO2I5CENTER, RACKTO I5CENTER, RACKTO257CENTER, RACKTO 57CENTER, RACKTO2I5EDGE, RACKTO I5EDGE, RACKT257EDGE, RACKTO 57EDGE

Wouldn't that be essentially the same as doing the profiling without a TS in front of the amp and the refining with a TS? Since if it's in front of the KPA it'll only have an effect on the refining part.

Yes, refining or profiling, whatever. Is that what you are doing? When I first got the Kemper I was profiling and refining without a TS.

I'm starting to wonder why I'm posting these here since no one ever gives any criticism anymore it seems, but anyway. I made some more Dual Rectifier profiles:

I'm starting to wonder why I'm posting these here since no one ever gives any criticism anymore it seems, but anyway. I made some more Dual Rectifier profiles:

From personal experience I can say that when people don't comment on your posts, 90% of the time they either don't like it or don't care for it, so....

Since you asked though, here's some honest criticism, and please don't take this the wrong way: you should work more on your sloppy playing than on your tone, or at least use some of the DIs that are circulating around these forums if you want to showcase a tone.

Having said that, I do think that the second clip you posted sounds interesting and has potential, what guitar/pickups are you using?

From personal experience I can say that when people don't comment on your posts, 90% of the time they either don't like it or don't care for it, so....

Well that's the problem isn't it? I don't post these for an ego boost, but to get better at this ie. I need those negative comments the most.

I guess times change because of overly PC bs. This used to be a very helpful community that taught me alot.

Since you asked though, here's some honest criticism, and please don't take this the wrong way: you should work more on your sloppy playing than on your tone, or at least use some of the DIs that are circulating around these forums if you want to showcase a tone.

Yeah, it's a combination of really bad latency on my current sound card and not really giving a shit because it's a quick clip to showcase the tone, not my playing. :lol: They're first take in, render, upload. :)

I'll try the Feared DI's I have later when I have more time. EDIT: Here's a really quickly done mix:

Having said that, I do think that the second clip you posted sounds interesting and has potential, what guitar/pickups are you using?

It's my baritone 7-string with Blackouts. Thanks for commenting! :cool:

I downloaded some of your profiles and will try them out as soon as I get the Kemper. I liked the sound of your older Diezel and Engl profiles more than your newest Rectifier sounds.

I downloaded some of your profiles and will try them out as soon as I get the Kemper. I liked the sound of your older Diezel and Engl profiles more than your newest Rectifier sounds.

Personally I wasn't very fond of those. :)

Way too muffled, and I wasn't a fan of the Diezel as an amp either.

Hey guys I put my first Profile up on the Rig Exchange. its of my DAR Tuzzia's "boost" channel. go try it out and let me know what you think. sorry i havent made a sound sample yet, i hopefully can get to that soon.

REALLY like your profile!
I've changed the Cab (to my Mesa) and tweaked it and LOVE it for my 8 string. THANKS...

New beta with performance mode, btw!

Checked the mode right now and you're able to make your own "folder" system, kinda.
A huge step, even if I don't use it in the "peformance way".

Hi Guys,

some weeks ago I did a Profilepack with "AboutBlank", in the ToneVision-Studios, in Berlin.
The pack includes 30 profiles(3 Amps, 3 Cabs, 2Mic Positions, TS).

Mic(s):Shure SM 57
Preamp(s): DAV Electronics BG No. 501; AEA TRP Ribbon Preamp (Fredman)
Tubesreamer: Ibanez TS9
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50W; Peavey 6505; Mesa Boogie 3Ch Dual Rectifier(Blackface);
Cabs: Engl E 412 Pro; Mesa Boogie OS 412

STORE

The money will be used to expand the package and rent some more amps + cabs.

Sample1:

Sample 2:

459231_515586661834606_1229235990_o%20(2).jpg