Kemper Profiling Amp

^
The following three settings are only available for the Spdif Output. It allows you to simultaneously record

the pure instrument signal for reamping purposes (as described in “Git Studio”) and a mono amplifier

signal on your digital audio workstation. The pure instrument signal appears on the left side of the digital

Spdif signal, the amp signal on the right.

Git / Stack

The left signal is the pure instrument, with noise gate and volume pedal (if volume
pedal is set to “Pre Stomps”). The right signal side will carry the Stack signal and
does not include any post amp effects

Jeff, I asked on the KPA forum but I'll leave the question here too:
What are the naming schemes, what channels, cabs info can we get off the profiles?
Cheers!

The analog split for tracking a DI separately is fine, as is the SPDIF split.

Yep, recorded recently guitars for an album using the Kemper for monitoring and taking the clean DI signal for reamping. Now when it comes time for mixing it's really awesome to run the DI's from Reaper into Kemper via S/PDIF and audition different profiles in a mix. It's also bit of a curse, as the possibilities are endless as they are behind one switch. :D Especially now when the ampfactory-metal pack is out, shit...

that's friggin really not cool(or I guess it's fucking crazy cool) how amazing this seem to be... I'm about to wet my pants and I've listened to the samples from theampfactory on youtube and they sound stellar. thinking of selling all my amps(6505, Laney vh100r, Marshall JMP) and cab and purchase one.. Right now I've got a good set of PA tops (JBL Eon15) that sounds really good on recorded material... what u guys think, would this cab sound good with the profiler?

probably the input stage of the kemper is really good, and you probably won't be asking for anything more from(at least) the S/PDIF signal... maybe from the analog signal if your converters are mediocre

While trying out these new profiles my Kemper just died!!!!

I've barely had it 2 months:(

Please learn to use ellipses properly. One of them is a real amp. E tuning with EMGs and no real chugs; it's bound to be more stiff and less dynamic than tones you're into via 8 strings.

You seem quite defensive, Jeff.

For the record, not only have I owned/played 6 and 7 string guitars in the past, but the majority of bands/guitar tones I'm into still use 6 and 7 strings.

I wasn't being a prick. I've just heard much better tones from you in the past. I don't know... maybe, it's just the JVM I'm not into. My Kemper gets here tomorrow. I hope I dig it.

Not defensive, just hate when people use ellipses improperly and it comes off as smug and dickish, like you're bringing attention to the fact that you're implying something further. (ie; "I'm not sure about these tones..." with an ellipsis it implies "these sound like dogshit." in a much stronger way than simply "I'm not sure about these tones." does)

It was a 5150 model, but sure. It's going to sound far different in a mix than in a single track context, but I'm sure you factored that into your judgement of it not sounding amp-like... (see what I mean?)

The KPA is only as good at you are at dialing in tones/micing amps, I can't stress that enough.

Not defensive, just hate when people use ellipses improperly and it comes off as smug and dickish, like you're bringing attention to the fact that you're implying something further. (ie; "I'm not sure about these tones..." with an ellipsis it implies "these sound like dogshit." in a much stronger way than simply "I'm not sure about these tones." does)

It was a 5150 model, but sure. It's going to sound far different in a mix than in a single track context, but I'm sure you factored that into your judgement of it not sounding amp-like... (see what I mean?)

The KPA is only as good at you are at dialing in tones/micing amps, I can't stress that enough.

No, no. My frequent use of ellipses is just because I write on here like stream of conscious style. It has nothing to do with trying to be a dick... I type almost faster than I think sometimes and just write a '...' out of habit while I'm thinking of the next thing to say. haha.

Cool, I thought I saw a JVM pic or somebody talking about the JVM earlier. That's why I thought that. I wasn't trying to be a dick. I've heard awesome sounds from you before.

I'm gonna try my hand at profiling this weekend. I get the Kemper tomorrow, but I live in an apartment and get home from work too late to really crank amps up during the week.

*Update*

I gave my KPA a good 9 hours break and then plugged it back in again and it powered up fine. The safety switch must have kicked in but it took a while to reset. I'm not sure why or how this happened but if it happens to any of you plug it out and leave it a an hour + before powering it on again.

Actually sounds a bit worrying if you ask me... Anyone else experienced this, what if it happens in a live or studio session?