Kemper Profiling Amp

Actually sounds a bit worrying if you ask me... Anyone else experienced this, what if it happens in a live or studio session?

In the studio you could just go out and get a bite to eat or work on something else but this would be disastrous live especially since it just seems to happen with no warning. I searched on the forums and a few people have experienced this.

Anyone who owns or is thinking about getting a Kemper check out this guide. There is a lot of good information in it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cixij2wf8ybuv6i/Gianfranco Di Mare - wiKPA 2012 10 20.pdf

I got email this afternoon from Thomann telling me it's been shipped. That's pretty quick.

@drawnacrol thanks for the PDF. Skimmed over it, already answer a few questions I had.

@TonyS the answer I got from Kemper is that it's their policy not to divulge such information. Maybe I'm reading too much into what they say but they also implied that it will happen one day. That's pretty obvious, the big question is when.

@TonyS the answer I got from Kemper is that it's their policy not to divulge such information. Maybe I'm reading too much into what they say but they also implied that it will happen one day. That's pretty obvious, the big question is when.

Thanks man!
Thats what I'm curious about.

I'm a bit uncertain to buy the KPA now and after 2 months or something, they will release the rack version. That would suck!

They have to sell all the toasters first. I estimate that they will announce the rack version in february or march. Let's see...

There are rumours that it's going to be a 3HE.

Here's my mockup: 2HE.

2cdtq40.jpg

As a KPA user, I can tell you that mockup looks like zero fun to use and isn't very intuitive.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the rack version - a software editor, dedicated foot controller, and poweramp that straps into the back of the head unit are set to be released before the rack is.

I guess most of you users who's profile the whole chain uses the unit as intended, throught a fullrange system, does it sound good to use it throught say, a PA top? Monitor? When rehearsing I mean..

Thanks man!
Thats what I'm curious about.

I'm a bit uncertain to buy the KPA now and after 2 months or something, they will release the rack version. That would suck!

Yeah, that would suck. I got sick of waiting. That's the downside to this kind of technology. If you buy a great amp it will always be a great amp. Technology like this will always be superseded, all you can do is use it hard and never look back.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the rack version - a software editor, dedicated foot controller, and poweramp that straps into the back of the head unit are set to be released before the rack is.

I agree. I think we'll see all those things you mentioned long before the rack version. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it for a long time.

I actually don't really mind the toaster/lunchbox shape. It's a lot smaller and lighter than I was expecting.
+1.
The way it is now it's actually substantially smaller than if you put it in a rack, no matter if 2 or 3 RU because the racks are a lot deeper, a lot wider and if you use a power amp and probably even a power conditioner it's also higher (or as high). With the Thon Case it is just as save for transport as a rack / ampcase, yet it takes up less space. So personally I do not miss a rack version at all, even though I thought so before I had the Kemper.

I hope to get the retrofittable poweramp in a few weeks, perhaps 1-2 months then I'll write what I think about it, compare it to usage with a tube amp's poweramp, etc. Takes up a lot less space than a Rack version + 1RU or 2RU Matrix Poweramp.
https://plus.google.com/photos/109426773681866778060/albums/5803284767430322993?banner=pwa

hi guys,
also bought the metal amp pack today
actually i bought it for the fortin and that profile alone is worth the money
i have been playing the profile for over an hour and i freaking love it !
have to check out the other profiles too but for now this is all i need :)
great work man profiling them !

I'm really interested in how it sounds throught a high quality full-range PA speaker when all the profiling(amp+cab+mic) is done, will I get the crazy growls like from the real well-tuned amp+cab?

Need...
Moar...
Clipz!!!

Seriously considering grabbing one of these instead of rebuilding my amp collection. The video's on The Amp Factory's youtube are AWESOME!

Gonna setup my Kemper via SPDIF finally. Gotta buy some cables though... Any suggestions? ;)

regular RCA cables work more than fine, as there is no analog information in the signal it can't be degraded by less than optimal cables... AFAIK

regular RCA cables work more than fine, as there is no analog information in the signal it can't be degraded by less than optimal cables... AFAIK

They "may" work but it is a common misconception. Even though the signal is digital, it is still transmitted through the wire via an analog carrier at very high frequencies. So the cable still matters. What you get with extra cheap cables are clock errors and signal degradation that have to be corrected. It may not even sync.

You need 75Ohm cables, I like Cablesforless.com, but any SPDIF rated cables will work.

I fired up my Kemper today and got an SDRAM error.... bummer... going back. Gives me some concern for live use. Or even reliable enough for studio use.

Jeff, could I try out some of the profiles you made? I've only found two free ones online that I thought were workable so far. One was Keith Merrow's 5150 profile and the other is a Mesa Mark 4 Lead profile that I'm not sure who made.

I like it so far though. It definitely feels more amp-like than the Axe-FX did.