Kemper Profiling Amp

I recorded this song way back in March, shortly after I first got my KPA. After almost 10 months with it... I still love it to death. I know the unit better, and I'm still getting better tones (and mixes) out of it now than I did when I first got it. I profiled my amp/cab again the other day, and I felt like I had forgotten just how awesome this thing is!

Duuude! That tone kicks ass! Is that just kemper? or the KPA into a PA and Cab (i see there is a cab with a mic there)

Last edited by a moderator:
Duuude! That tone kicks ass! Is that just kemper? or the KPA into a PA and Cab (i see there is a cab with a mic there)

Thanks! It's all Kemper (bass too). The cab is mic'd because I had just profiled an Engl e530-Mesa 20/20 rig that I used to have. The rhythm guitars are using a profile of a VHT Pitbull that I had found on the Kemper forum, and the leads are all done with the Engl profile that I had made.

I did a little test-clip with the Bogner profile from the Metalpack(can't remember what used for the leads).
The Uber and 5150 profile turned out to be my favorite.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4625977/FastKemper.mp3

Sounds awesome!!

I just saw this on Facebook.

Looks like I'll be doing an official profile pack for Kemper Amps that will include my fav tones and presets. Fun times! - Keith Merrow

Awesome, looks like there will be 2 awesome packs then - Ola Englund

Forgive my ignorance but like how does that all work with monitoring the clean DI signal while tracking, then proceeding to slip and so forth? Are you just looping the Kemper DI and Fireface via SPDIF and monitoring through playback and then recording the SPDIF input when you're finished editing the DIs? I want one of these so bad. Wondering with a XXX, Winsdor, Mesa OS and JCM 900 straight could get me pretty close as far as putting a down payment.

with the spdif out you can send the clean di-Signal out of channel one of the spdif and the full Signal with amp and so on out of the second channel of the spdif

so just monitor the processed Signal (and reamp the di-Signal later if you wish to do so)