Kemper Profiling Amp

Reall liked this tone, the first time you posted it...also nice melodic playing :)

Did you make the profile on your own?

Sorry for the late response! I didn't make the profile, it's one of the TAF free ones now released via Kemper, but with the TAF 6505 cabinet.

Again, really nice tones. Any details on the cab+mic?? Also Jeff, am I thinking wrong, but did you profile a Satriani JVM, or do demos for TAF recently??? I swear I read that.

I did the clips for his 6505, SLO100, and Orange 200 packages on the site. Haven't gotten around to doing the metal pack clips yet but AFAIK I'm supposed to still do those. I profiled a buddy's JVM410H recently, yeah, but I haven't shared any of those (I will after my holiday if anyone really wants them). I'm finding the 6505 cab from the TAF 2nd package release to be my favorite cabinet period, even with my own profiles.

Am I reading that right? 6505 cab? Cuz I gotta be honest, I remember not hating them in my old 5150 combo, and the tone on Daylight Dies' "Dismantling Devotion" is still my favorite of all their albums - I know that was a Peavey Ultra cab, so I guess the XXX cab would be the closest; are there any decent profiles of either?

I've had the kemper for quite some time now but unlike most of you here it took me some time to get the tones I was looking for (and I'm still finding ways to improve those). I had to find the right profiles and get some valuable help from people who have more experience with getting great tones out of it (thanks Jeff). I'm convinced that the kemper is a great unit but, like any piece of gear, it takes a certain amount of skill/experience to fully take advantage of its capabilities.
Anyway, here's a recording I did recently with it using the EVH5150 TAF profile (guitars kick in at 1.09 if you want to skip the boring/gay ambient stuff ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitars sound cool - kinda dig the Paradise Lost Vibe of the music too but as mentioned above - the way the vocals are mixed (too loud) now they let the music sound small and powerless. Also, the vocs are a touch bright and scooped sounding...but the guitars are cool - EVH5150 from the Metal Pack?

I admit I haven't spent that much time on mixing the vocals, this is not a final mix, but it was kinda tricky to find the right balance. The way the vocals are already processed from the ripped track may have something to do with it. Anyway, I'm glad you guys are digging the tone.

Capitancambarro - It's the TAF EVH5150 from the free amp factory rig pack you can find on the kemper website (support/downloads/rig packs).

Guitars done with a home made 5150-profile.

Not the cup of tea most like around here but here is a clip i recorded with TAF Soldano SLO profile. I thought it turned out pretty good.

That's probably the best Kemper sound I've heard. Very realistic sounding!

But seriously... those guys have probably never heard of Dillinger Escape Plan. :lol:

haha, thanks! lets say they "like" DEP... :)
i think that was my first profile ever... i think its my diezel hagen, but i might be wrong, i did the patch almost a year ago. i think i even shared it on this very forum... if ourr interested ill get it for you guys.

Gibson5413, is that opening riff (00:00 - 00:14) the kemper?
If yes, can you please share your recording chain ?

Thanks,
Than

It is the exact same setting for the other guitars in the clip. I just decided to record the opening riff straight down the middle. Soldano SLO OD+ profile from TAF. Little bit of delay and Large Room reverb to taste. I recorded it direct into my M0Audion Mobile Pre USB. Simple as that.

haha, thanks! lets say they "like" DEP... :)
i think that was my first profile ever... i think its my diezel hagen, but i might be wrong, i did the patch almost a year ago. i think i even shared it on this very forum... if ourr interested ill get it for you guys.

I would love to have that patch! Sounds great!