Kick my ass into shape (guitar playing)

Part of the plan also. My focus for this year is my playing and working on original material, which I will be recording as I write it, then re-recording if needed to give to my drummer and voclaist to start work on.

Metallica occupied the first 5 years of my guitar playing. I'm really trying to get away from them now as a player. Hammett had some good solos but his technique sucked and while James' parts are still great, I know them all too well and don't want to get sick of them.

I will give one or two MD songs a shot though. I quite enjoy a lot of RIP.

Rust In Peace, fuck yes.
You are definitely coming to jam with me.
Like you I'm pretty sick of playing Metallica (in fact I'm pretty much sick of hearing them really:lol:) but I never got sick of Rust In Peace though.
The only song I can play off that is Tornado of Souls, with my terrible attempt at Marty's solo. Haven't played Lucretia in ages, but I used to play that a lot.
Having you around would kick my ass into learning more off that album:kickass:

Let me iknow when you get your amp then. I wouldn't want you to sit there crying at my JSX blasting your POD away :lol:
ToS and Lucretia are really good to listen to, so I'm sure are a bitch to learn to play haha, I'll see how I go.