Kill 'Em All - the most influential metal album of all time?

While I actually really like Kill 'Em All, it really isn't the most influential metal album of all time. Let's be frank here; while KEA is an enjoyable, naive piece of late era NWOBHM fun, it hardly represents the cutting edge of sonic technology, not now and not even then.

While I hear the Diamond Head influences, for me KEA has always been all about the Motorhead love. KEA is pretty much Overkill played at 45rpm. (Some of you young 'uns will have to look that reference up) ;)

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Um....Is it just me or does this make no sense? I really can't make out what you're talking about

It may-be perhaps if not the winning most as post i have read as in today. even go need to change my pants from there in pissing them henceforth from as in laughter and such etc..

Anyone agree with me here? If you look at it metallica paved the way for the evolution of extreme metal with this album. They were the first band to incorporate a sort of metal song structure and styling with a more aggressive, punchy punk sound. They not only created the thrash metal genre, but also set the way for extreme metal in general, particularily death metal.

When i listen to an album like altars of madness, or scream bloody gore, i hear massive amounts of thrash influence, and where did this sound originally come from? Kill em all.

I honestly think that without kill em all, it would have taken metal much longer to evolve into the state it is in now simply because all modern day metal bands have many thrash influences. I dont mean that a band like bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, or even bands like the faceless, necrophagist, beneath the massacre etc... sounds anything like thrash at all, but you can still see where bands like these have taken at least some of their "core" sound from.

I'd almost consider kill em all to be like one of the roots of a giant metal tree that spawned the branches of thrash metal, death metal, a lot of black metal, melodeath, metalcore, even some grind as well.

Pushing aside my parent's influence (Sabbath, Thin Lizzy and Motorhead), I would definitely agree with you on Kill 'Em All being hugely influential where it was massively massively influential on me PERSONALLY. Seriously, when I first heard it when I was about 13-14 it was like a switch came on and from then on I was just hooked on metal, gradually getting into the heavier stuff - especially death metal.

Pushing aside my parent's influence (Sabbath, Thin Lizzy and Motorhead), I would definitely agree with you on Kill 'Em All being hugely influential where it was massively massively influential on me PERSONALLY. Seriously, when I first heard it when I was about 13-14 it was like a switch came on and from then on I was just hooked on metal, gradually getting into the heavier stuff - especially death metal.

Influental? Yes. The most infuental metal album of all time? No.

What would be the most influential metal albums of all time ?

Say what you want about Metallica and the integrity of their music and the path they've gone down. But you have to admit the early albums are trully some of the greatest records ever made in any genre of music.
They have musicianship, atmosphere, great lyrics, catchy melodies, aggression, originality, and personality. The things great metal albums are made of. Those first couple of albums shaped my taste in music and who I was as a person when I first began listening to Metallica's music. Most influential? Who fucking cares it's great music.

Exactly. RTL through AJFA are fucking ace material, and still some of the best metal around, later albums be damned. I've argued with countless people on another board on this in great detail.

And Justice For All is such a monotonous album. Despite having some great songs it kinda ruins it for me because I like full albums. A lot of bands albums are either monotonous or the songs don't differ enough and than am not interested.

And Justice For All is such a monotonous album. Despite having some great songs it kinda ruins it for me because I like full albums. A lot of bands albums are either monotonous or the songs don't differ enough and than am not interested.

I find the whole band monotonous and boring. Only Metallica song I ever liked is Fight Fire With Fire.

One of Sabbath's first 3 albums or Stained Class/Sad Wings of Destiny/Sin After Sin or Overkill

I mostly agree with this, though I don't think Sin After Sin or Overkill were all that much more influential than Kill Em All. I think it's wrong to just say Sabbath's debut was clearly the most influential was the first; I mean there weren't exactly hordes of metal bands immediately following Black Sabbath, so I'd say at least Sabbath's first three were pretty equally influential.

Metallica has not aged well at all. I used to like their first four albums as a teenager, but now I find them redundant and stale. Also, their persona is annoying as hell, even on the early albums.

I would think Paranoid is the most influential metal album.

The only song I don't really like from AJFA is Eye of the Beholder. Other than that, I think the album's pretty dandy. And tbh, when the riffs are as good as they are on AJFA, I think it's okay to repeat them for ~8 minutes. :)

Metallica has not aged well at all. I used to like their first four albums as a teenager, but now I find them redundant and stale. Also, their persona is annoying as hell, even on the early albums.

I would think Paranoid is the most influential metal album.

I don't listen to them much either these days, but i still rate RTL as one of my favourite metal albums ever, along with the other 3 thrash albums.

I think the reason i don't listen to them so much these days is that i literally played them to death. I pretty much wore the cassette tapes out - but i still rate those 4 albums as 4 of my favourites.