Kill 'Em All - the most influential metal album of all time?

Nope, the Motorhead discs that inspired Kill Em All are, if you wanna look at it like that, but even then that's come from another source. When it comes to players who are influenced by Metallica, I'd say Ride and Puppets are the most influential of their albums, as I hear a lot of riffs that sound similar to those, from players who are beyond their musical infancy, so can play far beyond the more primitive Kill riffs if they want to.

If anything, Ride the Lightning provides a better case (for progressing the genre that is, not for anything more). At the time there was of course already a plethora of melodically adventurous heavy metal bands and agressive thrash metal bands, but there weren't yet any bands that combined violent frenzy with melodic sensibility the way Metallica did on that album.

Kill'em All is an important album considering the early Thrash Metal scene, and it's a solid album. Not as good as RtL and MoP yet a decent album.

But I wouldn't call it the most influential metal album, not by a long shot.

Underground wasn't the best term to use in this case. I'd say they were able to bring that raw, thrashy sound to a more accessible, polished level not seen in venom albums. As a result, metallica managed to reach a much larger audience and in doing so really sort of helped the genre take off in a way that venom would have never been able to.

In other words metallica managed to reach more people, thus having a much bigger impact on the metal scene as a whole.

Yeah, we know Metallica are big. Is this new?

Also, Kill Em All was hardly polished.

+1

LOL no to be fair I think it did help the scene massively however lets not credit the rich rich men to quickly... rememember the strawberry blonde former guitarists song Mechanix? aka four horsemen.... who was really the speed pioneer with the agressive style? Was it the big gentle giant... or the venom mouthed mustaine?

Metallica were influenced by Diamond Head, but they obviously influenced way more people than Diamond Head did. It can be viewed from both sides of the fence. I don't think that their importance is overrated, necessarily.

KEA is probably the most influential album overall for ME, especially seeing how it was the first album I ever actually bought for myself when I was in 3rd grade.

I think one of the things you guys are missing is that the question is is it the most "influential" metal album, not the 1st, Kill 'em All is up there because it was listened to by a-lot of people who then made there own bands, therefore it is more influential then Diamond Head for example simply because more people heard it so its more influential even tho Diamond Head was there 1st.
At the end of the day though I'd say Sabbath and Zeppelin have it over Metallica in terms of influence

Led Zeppelin are a great band and more influencial than metallica, but they're not a metal band so...

I think one of the things you guys are missing is that the question is is it the most "influential" metal album, not the 1st, Kill 'em All is up there because it was listened to by a-lot of people who then made there own bands, therefore it is more influential then Diamond Head for example simply because more people heard it so its more influential even tho Diamond Head was there 1st.

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Um....Is it just me or does this make no sense? I really can't make out what you're talking about