Kill the King vs. Kill the King

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Megadeth's "Kill the King" vs. Rainbow's "Kill the King".

Listen to both before giving an opinion because they are both pretty fucking good, I must say.

With that said, I'm going with Rainbow: "Danger, danger, the Queen's about to kill.....!"

Dio with Rainbow and Sabbath > Dio

P.S. In case you don't know, these are two different songs, just sharing the same name. :p

I'm not familiar with that Dio song, BUT that Megadeth song is up their with their strong (not strongest) material.

I haven't heard the Megadeth one but I swear it cannot top Rainbow. So cool. That "wibble-woo" bit in the solo is one of the coolest guitar noises ever...

Ayeka said:
I haven't heard the Megadeth one but I swear it cannot top Rainbow.
It doesn't. As much as I love Megadeth, and as much as I think their "Kill the King" is great, the Rainbow song is phenomenal. You just cannot deny Richie Blackmore when he goes off with all that emotional soloing, and the fact that the song follows the incredible "Gates of Babylon" just makes it that much cooler.

Still, it's no "Stargazer"....that is one heavy riff. :kickass:

We build a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone,
Just to see him fly, but don't know why,
Now where do we gooooo.......!!!

*cue monster riff*

Right now I'm doing this -> :kickass: (with my bottle of mineral water)

I was at a mate's house for a fireworks night bash a few years back, and one of my mates was there who was totally into that stuff. I bumped into the host's mum and she was like "why's he going on about his eyes bleeding? :confused:" :D

Incredible song, absolutely mindblowing.

Erik - any Rainbow with Dio is godly, although their first album is much more "classic rock". Rainbow Rising and Long Live Rock 'n Roll is much more 'metal' per se, as it leads towards Sabbath's Heaven and Hell.

Indeed, Black Sabbath sounded a lot more like Rainbow on Heaven and Hell than they did Black Sabbath, if that makes sense. I speak the truth.

Once Dio left Rainbow, they became an AOR band. Forget it all, unless you have an inkling for pop-rock. (I'm not dismissing it since I don't mind Joe Lynn Turner or Graham Bonnet, I just know that you would like it less than Dio era).

At minimal, please do yourself a favour and download "Kill the King" and "Gates of Babylon". Add "Stargazer" to that and you have Blackmore's Holy fucking Trinity. As a fan of metal, you owe it to yourself to heed my wisdom.

You'll be doing this (in order) -> :kickass: o_O :heh: :kickass:

Rising is one of those essential albums that I tell my friends that every man, woman and child should own.

Man On The Silver Mountain...Temple Of The King...Sixteenth Century Greensleeves...Tarot Woman...Stargazer...Long Live Rockn'Roll...Kill The King...Rainbow Eyes = essential Rainbow listening. Chuck in Lost In Hollywood, I Surrender and Jealous Lover for post-Dio goodness.

I should dig out my Rainbow LPs once I get my PS2 back in my room and lose my job, I think :)

All I can think of is Ozzy. That album ruled, he was just getting out of the poofy-haired-old-woman stage.

Pyrus said:
Ayeka, you forgot "Light In the Black."
Shit, yeah :oops: Damnit, man, the whole album is essential!

Next, someone list all the songs Dio has sung where he plugs a rainbow? :D

Catch The Rainbow
Stargazer
Kill The King
Rainbow Eyes
Rainbow In The Dark

I know there's more from Elf and Sabbath at least :saint:

Haha...

"On a small world west of wonder, somewhere, nowhere all
There's a RAINBOW that will shimmer, when the summer falls"
-- Sign of the Southern Cross

Finally got round to some HEATHEN and LIEGE LORD last night....both did covers of "Kill the King" and both have 'em at track #4. It was a bit odd to say the least.

It's like the one key song that kicked off the melodic speed metal movement.

Stratovarius even covered the song.