Dio Tribute "Kill The King" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "Kill the King" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc. The person who will mix the final song is to be decided between the team members, be it a member already or not. Also, drums are to be worked out by the members, be it programming it themselves or finding a drummer internal or external to the forum to record it.

Kill the King
----
Guitars: Jevil
2nd Guitar Solo: Paulie!
Vocals: Rip-G
Keyboards: Vespiz
Bass: DanLights

Now GO!

Could I get a simple scratch track (guitar or midi) so I could see what tuning would fit me the best? Standard E and standard D would be cool.

Okey, I did my homeworks. Some little things to polish though, specially drums.

Mixdown MP3, raw as hell: (there is a tiny midi bass that I forgot to mute)

http://soulitude-web.com/archivos/Raw_Scratch_Mixdown.mp3

Tracks for you to track your tracks:

http://soulitude-web.com/archivos/killkingtracks.zip

- Stereo Drums
- Stereo Rythm Guitars (rendered with TSE Plugin)
- Stereo Lead and Solo (there is a second solo for whoever interested)
All 44.1KHz and 24 Bits

Import it on Bar #2. The song is 240 BPM (except the very final part, you will notice a tempo change)

the links don´t seem to be working for me dude, plus you put two dots before "com", even though I fixed that it still doesn´t work

Edit: Nevermind it worked, but you gotta fix that extra dot on the link.

I'll see If I can record a bass track to this this week, this was supposed to be last in my priority list but since the other songs are still under arrangement phase, I might go ahead and do this one first

the links don´t seem to be working for me dude, plus you put two dots before "com", even though I fixed that it still doesn´t work

Edit: Nevermind it worked, but you gotta fix that extra dot on the link.

I'll see If I can record a bass track to this this week, this was supposed to be last in my priority list but since the other songs are still under arrangement phase, I might go ahead and do this one first

Fixed.

How many songs will you play on? Is there a lack of bassist?

Are you guys using a specific tab? if not I'll feel free to wing it on the 2nd solo...

-P

I am alive, been dealing with desktop problems.. finally got the tracks for All The Fools to Max this weekend. I'm going to try to get this and rainbow going next... lots of free time tonight so I might be able to get this one done.

-P

Yeah, sorry, I've had a series of unfortunate events (like getting sick again thanks to the Big Four gig, but it was totally worth it : ). I've started to track vocals yesterday. I will need few days more but I'm on it.