Dio Tribute "Gates of Babylon" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "Gates of Babylon" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc. The person who will mix the final song is to be decided between the team members themselves, be it an internal or external member of this team.

Gates of Babylon
----
Vocals: Joeym
Bass/Drums: Theforgotten
Guitars: MVM

Now GO!

i just applied for the spot, so i am laying some ideas first, i ll send you guys stuff as soon as i track em (expect em next week)

btw joeym you did a great job with vocals (heard the rough mix without guitars)

and Theforgotten drums sound pretty cool, and i dig your bass sound.. sounds tight, great job

now i have to think of something cool, so i dont butcher the song like malmsteen did xd

Sorry guys!I can't find free time to join the board these days because on 31 May I have my last examination on college.After that I have plenty of free time and I'm sure we will finish the song soon.Joeym you can send the vocal tracks to me!I recorded the bass guitar couple of days ago and we will waiting for MVM to record rhythm guitars.

yeah i ll have them next week, atleast some first version, so you can tell me what to change or improve

good luck with your exams, looking forward to this project

Great stuff, guys, glad to see it's all working out. :headbang:
Slave, I'll send you the links.

sry for a little delay, i had a gig this weekend... i ll track guitars this week, just have to install new quad core tomorrow :Smokin:

I contacted MVM couple of days ago but I didn't get replay from him.Hi's not using MSN messenger,facebook so it's very hard to catch him while he's online.I'll send PM here on the forum to him.He send me some test recording and I must say that he is doing very well.

Guys!I've found link to Joey's vocals on my e-mail and downloaded them.Maybe if I hurry up I will catch you.Tomorrow I'll try to record bass guitar and if someone's interested to do guitars please write here.Thanks!

Hey Slave, that's a real bummer with the hard-disc accident....:cry:
Don't know if those links of mine still work, but no problem, I can upload them again if you need. Just let me know. Would be a shame if we couldn't finish this one, I was really looking forward to it.

Guys!I've found link to Joey's vocals on my e-mail and downloaded them.Maybe if I hurry up I will catch you.Tomorrow I'll try to record bass guitar and if someone's interested to do guitars please write here.Thanks!

Happy to announce that I finally found time to work on Gates Of Babylon!!!Today I programmed the drums and imported Joe's vocals.These days I'll try to record bass guitar.Still looking for a rhythm guitarist and lead guitarist!!! :)