Dio Tribute "Stargazer" Song Discussion

So i have PM Van drill with the vocals. had to recover from a cold, it is crazy cold in Sweden now brrrr... Hitting some crazy notes in the end so hopefully it will turn out great :)

rvs0002 said:
Dan, can you pm me the names of participants as well in case I use this for anything so I can give proper credit?

Sorry I hadn't seen this. Sure thing

crillemannen said:
So i have PM Van drill with the vocals. had to recover from a cold, it is crazy cold in Sweden now brrrr... Hitting some crazy notes in the end so hopefully it will turn out great :)

Same here dude, this week there's been a fucking cold epidemic in Europe haha it sucks cause My work involves speaking in a loud voice the whole day for many hours straight, so I wake up ok and end up totally sore in the night. Anyways, looking forward to hear those vocal cords onthe tune!

I still don't like how the vocal sound. A bit muddy and to little compression. I would still advice you to use a 1176-like compressor. Give the right edge and attitude and i think i want you to re-import the original and just stick some light autotune on the vox instead of that melodyne. I don't like the sound of it really, im no synth man :p

no offence, just my 0.02

Send me the processed track. I will insert it into the project.
I do not own Autotune, so I will do no tuning at all.

Or we can leave this version as a final one.

I've just got two things to add:
1. It is already compressed as hell. I think we've just got different ears and tastes.
2. I was not happy with the fact of re-singing the track. But it is a collective work and collective decision. And I am the mixing guy at this moment. So my meaning matters as well.
I was not happy with how my voice is sounding in some other Dio covers - not a big deal. I just sent the processed tracks, optionally.