Dio Tribute "Gates of Babylon" Song Discussion

I thought it was middy and undergained. If you fix that I'll be happy. :) The song in the link I posted earlier has that character I'm talking about: Clean, yet not undergained sounding.

I'm not sure if you intended it that way, but the guitars sound rather weak and undergained for my tastes. I'd prefer distortion, while at the moment it's more along the lines of light overdrive.

Apart from that everything sounds good to me :)

you're gonna drive the poor guy crazy hahahaha

Hahahaha!That's true guys!Over the past few days I made 10 versions of the song.Some of you want the guitar tone to be modern,others want to be with more distorted and others like to be...I don't know how! :)))I know it has to be more saturated and better processed like Plankis said so I'll work on the tone couple days more until I'm satisfied.Sometimes I wish I was Mr. Andy Sneap! :(

seriously ... you should leave the guitar tone the way it is ... it was just too quiet in one of your earlier mixes and combined with the vocals being too loud it made everything else seem less powerful. I had no problem with your choice of tone ... it was the vocals that seemed out of place. You're gonna get a different opinion on just about every aspect of the sound of a mix ... all depends what one is listening for but when you get a consensus on something, THAT is more what you should be trying to fix

Sooo .. a little more "something" to the guitar sound to give it some kick but ONLY if you feel it needs it and a better balance with the vocals and you, and this song, should be good to go

Tnx Skinny!I like how it sounds too, as I said before I followed the original song and I wanted to make our song sound close to the original but better produced.So I'll work little more on the vocals and little more on the loudness of the guitars and that's it. :)

Yeah, the guitar tone works just fine, it's really a stylistic/taste thing, like I said I'd prefer something more modern, but then again it's not really worse, just different :)

Great man! listening on headphones, but I think It's ok. Liking the tone, not what I expected, but I like it. And vocals are better now. i feel something wierd at the end of the solo and the begining of the next verse, like if the song went from "more" to "less". I think it's the diferent guitar tone, the solo tone have much more power than the rhythm tone. but it can be because im listening on normal headphones.