Dio Tribute "We Rock" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "We Rock" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc. The person who will mix the final song is to be decided between the team members, be it a member already or not. Also, drums are to be worked out by the members, be it programming it themselves or finding a drummer internal or external to the forum to record it.

We Rock
----
Rhythm Guitars: Plankis
Lead Guitar: Raptor7
Vocals: Superfreak
Bass: Severu

Now GO!

I'll probably rerecord some parts so it doesn't sound too sloppy. Gonna reamp the tone when we'll get in the mixing phase. Not sure how we should with do the ending, fade out like the original or something different?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/933491/We Rock.mp3

Tempo: 155 bpm
Tuning: standard

But, I got an idea to rearrange it to an "all cleans"-song, I'm guessing every song will be full on metal so why not do something completely different, yay or nay?

guitarguru777 does the lead guitar duties now. Raptor7 doesn't seem that interested as he never answered my pm's.
Severu works on the bass parts. Hopefully he's finished soon.

Only thing I'm a bit worried about is the vocals. Superfreak hasn't logged in since the 17th. So I really don't know if he's still up for it. Any vocalist that might want to give this song a try?

Ok I'm gonna Pm James (guitarguru) about the guitars, about superfreak I'm gonna pm him and give him a few days chance, if not he's out. Thanks for keeping up Plankis

Sorry man, I ve been in the studio for the last weeks and survived just in time to lay my hands on this project.

Got it Dan thanks :) .... Oh and FYI its Jason :p

I did the main solo, Ill be cutting the outro solo tomorrow morning! Ill have it for you guys tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks

Woops sorry Jason!

Raptor, is it ok if you leave this one for Jason and you keep working on your other ones? He pretty much finished, I pm'd him cause he was open for doing something on the tribute and you were kinda missing in action.

Anyways I look forward to your work on the other songs you're in for, and sorry about this one dude!

Well, I guess you didn't wait for my answer. I replied yesterday to your PM but looks like it was bypassed. Np, I'll live without this. In fact I think it's better you take me out of all other projects. Cheers.

ps. I had my solo done almost 3-4 weeks ago but ain't life a whore?

Well, I guess you didn't wait for my answer. I replied yesterday to your PM but looks like it was bypassed. Np, I'll live without this. In fact I think it's better you take me out of all other projects. Cheers.

Dude please chill. There is really no need.

When I wrote to all the guys in this song, I was told you weren´t answering pms so I contacted Jason cause he recently had mentioned in the main thread that he could do some guitars if a spot was available. Well when I posted here about Jason taking your place it kinda was not a question, I´m just doing my best to keep this project at speed and I truly am sorry I hurt your feelings at it, but it is important for people to log in and check stuff around here frequently.

I hope you can still do the other songs your listed in man, but if not please notify so I can find subs as quick as possible

ps. I had my solo done almost 3-4 weeks ago but ain't life a whore?

Bush_O_RLY.jpg

Was it like a birthday surprise for all of us that you couldn´t have mentioned before? like uhm, 3-4 weeks ago? or when I pm´d you about the status of this song?

You PMd me yesterday asking me if I still am in the projects and I told you Ive been in the studio but now I am back and today I see this. As I told you I have no problem with your move, I've seen worst recently.

And pls, If you reply using a stupid pic and being sarcastic this doesn't make you smarter or funny. I am not the kind of person you need to be sarcastic. I guess you could have used words better. But somwhow I understand you, we are both latins so I know this temper.

And yes, I did my solo when I told you only I didn't tracked it because at the time no other rhythm giutars, drums nor bass were done. I am not trying to convince you of nothing, I only tell you how were the things happening.

You PMd me yesterday asking me if I still am in the projects and I told you Ive been in the studio but now I am back and today I see this. As I told you I have no problem with your move, I've seen worst recently.

And pls, If you reply using a stupid pic and being sarcastic this doesn't make you smarter or funny. I am not the kind of person you need to be sarcastic. I guess you could have used words better. But somwhow I understand you, we are both latins so I know this temper.

And yes, I did my solo when I told you only I didn't tracked it because at the time no other rhythm giutars, drums nor bass were done. I am not trying to convince you of nothing, I only tell you how were the things happening.

It wasn´t sarcasm, I really meant to say "Oh really?" you say you "did" the solo as in wrote it, but didn´t record it? well that´s different, anyways that isn´t the point.

Truly, I´m sorry about that dude, I´m just trying to optimize the speed of the realization of this project, it is not and will never be anything personal and hope you don´t take it that way on me.

Will you still be participating in the other songs your up for?

Btw, just curious, where are you from?