Dio Tribute "Heaven and Hell" Song Discussion

Update: I'm having a friend record some backing vocals for that melodic bit in between verse 2 and verse 3.

Kramer: how's the guitar tracking going?

LeSedna: Are you going to make any changes to your solo or is it final?

hey, i just restrung the guitar and am now sorting some truss rod issues.. then a few days to practice and then the red button.
but LeSedna, this guitar is not the same i used previously.. its an alder body compared to the mahogany prior but both have EMG81's in the bridge..

hmm.. i really hope these work out.. gonna have to bend over to re-record with the schedule i've gotten this semester..
thanks..

Currently re-mixing it for better guitars, mago Will help me since he got that 80's vibe with amplitube.

My PC crashed so I need to reinstall all the stuff before. I'm browsing on the iPhone. Keeping you advised.

Oh no, nothing to worry about. My data are stored on another drive and I loose nothing since the safe mode works. But audio drivers are off in this mode (which is normal) and so I cannot mix. Only a matter of few days.

I have some time now so I thought it was a good moment to re-mix with the last elements :
- I edited Kramer's guitars
- Mago reamped them through his chain cause it sounded great

Here are current results, I think it lacks bass compared to other mixes, tell me what you think. I added a really quick "ghetto mastered" version just to have it loud too, with just a GSSL + L1 clone on the master track. I need to buy Ozone.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/881054/heaven and hell/LeSedna HnH2 .mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/881054/heaven and hell/LeSedna HnH2 ghetto mastering.mp3

BTW : a little part is missing in the beginning that I forgot during export, that's not a problem

Here is his .txt :

Hope I got the gain right!
This Marshall Modell of AT3 is very strange regarding the highs, so you need to cut a lot of fizz with an EQ and may add some high mids to make it cut a little more through the mix,at least thats what I did!
Couldnt get more clarity in the sound with only the settings on the ampsim...the treble knob is one bitchy mofo...haha

I also didn't set any kind of gate on the guitars so there may be some noise you have to take a look at!

cheers Marco