Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "Rainbow in the Dark" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc. The person who will mix the final song is yet to be announced

Rainbow in the Dark
----
Rhythm Guitars: Spamds
Bass: Severu
Vocals: jacare
Drums: Antto
Lead Guitars: Paulie!
Keyboards: Vespiz

Now GO!

Ok Guys
I was singing the song here at home and I would really benefit if you could lower a tom, to Gm. Is it possible?

This is my favorite Dio tune. Don't know why ... but it's just always had that emotional feel IMHO.
Looking forward to hearing!!
Thanks

Scott

Hey i was a full of work the last two dates, but i would like to contribute to this song as well. i can do the mixing, or the mastering. Or if there is needed the second guitar i can do it as well. I hope there is still a chance.

I put dibs on the lead in the other thread, but I don't know if Spamds is doing both parts or not..

-Paul

I put dibs on the lead in the other thread, but I don't know if Spamds is doing both parts or not..

-Paul

I will put you up for lead guitar on this one paulie

Should I track the voice with 44.1k/24 or 48k/24?

normally in the forum we always go 44.1/24, let's try to keep it that way

Hey i was a full of work the last two dates, but i would like to contribute to this song as well. i can do the mixing, or the mastering. Or if there is needed the second guitar i can do it as well. I hope there is still a chance.

Mixing and mastering is to be decided by the team of this song and it can be an outside member who is not doing instruments so the team can decide if you want to mix, as for doing more instruments it is already full, thanks

When we'll have drums, I'm ready to do the bass part :) monday that is, what tuning and what tempo should we settle for?

When we'll have drums, I'm ready to do the bass part :) monday that is, what {A} tuning and {B}what tempo should we settle for?

A) Jacare requested we change the key from Am to Gm, fine by me, but I only have to play the diddley-doos....

B) The original is at 115 I believe. Personally, I'd like to keep it around there...

-Paul

A) Jacare requested we change the key from Am to Gm, fine by me, but I only have to play the diddley-doos....

B) The original is at 115 I believe. Personally, I'd like to keep it around there...

-Paul

I think the original tempo is fine for this song... if you want to change it, I'd speed it up, never slow it down. But very little. As about the tunning, yes, I requested to change the song from Am to Gm. I have sent a sample to the guys so they can help me judge if we need to go to F#m. Thou, I guess I can do it just fine on this tonality (Gm).

I'd like to hear that aswell actually... also, are you planning on recording vox with just the scratch tracks and drums or with everything?

-Paul

I'd like to hear that aswell actually... also, are you planning on recording vox with just the scratch tracks and drums or with everything?

-Paul

Everything.
I'll send it to you tomorrow, cause I'll do one in F#m as well. But I have a gig tonight so, I don't know how good my throat will be. Even when recording this in Gm I was/am a little ill. It's cold here in Brazil now... we're not used to that :).

Drums are in charge of Antto, which is Jussi's (Vespiz) studio partner, I believe he asked for some kind or scratch rhythm guitar track to record the drums, along with the click track of course.

Hmm, why not just to play over original? Seems a lot less complicated to me that way.