Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

Hmm, why not just to play over original? Seems a lot less complicated to me that way.

+1
BTW: Gm will be fine. I tried in F#m here, and even if it's more confortable, the song looses something. If you all want I can post samples of both here (Gm and F#m) or PM you. Soon as my throat gets better a bit.

I think we're doing this one straight up, besides the key change and a variation in the solo.

-Paul

But of course.. if we use the original it's hard top know if it's locked to a tempo, so if you guys want I can do a scratch track of click/basic beat so the tempo will be steady... either way?

-Paul

But of course.. if we use the original it's hard top know if it's locked to a tempo, so if you guys want I can do a scratch track of click/basic beat so the tempo will be steady... either way?

-Paul

As long as I get my drum tracks on reasonable time..

When I get home I'll see how the original lines up on a 115 tempo map, if it varies alot I'll do a scratch rhythm with a click since I know the song by heart anyways..

-Paul

As long as I get my drum tracks on reasonable time..

You're not the only one wishing that! We're sorry, but this might take a while (1-3 weeks!!) since we're renovating the studio live room..

Antto says that it might get a little tricky playing to the original (fadeouts and all) but it's doable. Scratch guitars and a click would be a big bonus, though. :)

I tracked a scratch track a little earlier, I'll post it tomorrow. The guitar tone is nothing to sh!t over but it'll work, does your drummer want the click in one ear and scratch track in the other or both centered?

-Paul

You can make them separate left - right. Actually it'd probably be best, since I can load 'em up in PT as separate tracks and adjust as needed.

Alrighty then, I'll set that up this afternoon after work and try and get it uploaded by this evening.

-Paul

Hey Guize
How's the tracking status for this song :)?

Well, we're mainly waiting to hear on status of Vespiz' studio remodel so that we can get the drums tracked, once the drums are done everything else should move rather quickly..

As far as scratch track goes, if Antto is down to record to the original it should work out fine, I think it's 115 and fairly solid..

-Paul

My favorite Dio tune is Last in Line idk why lol. Song just pumps me up for some reason lol. But in Sabbath I would have to say Neon Knights, saw it live and it was just amazing.

My favorite Dio tune is Last in Line idk why lol. Song just pumps me up for some reason lol. But in Sabbath I would have to say Neon Knights, saw it live and it was just amazing.

Maybe you should post in to "R.I.P Ronnie James dio thread" ..

Maybe you should post in to "R.I.P Ronnie James dio thread" ..

This. Please go to the correct thread, this thread is nor for discussing your favorite Dio songs, as stated in the OP

Coming along nicely (the studio, that is). I hope you guys are patient enough..

Good to hear dude!

I believe we're patient enough.. just let us know when you guys are ready to start.

-Paul

PS: Pics?