Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

Alright, Here's the guitar track. Tuned 1/2 step down :dopey:

EDIT: New guitar track at the page 4.

Well i'm glad you feel that way! What I want to know now is how's the bass and vocals going?

Now that I have the guitars, I shall track some vocals next week. And good job BTW!
*EDIT* I'd prefer to track with the bass too thou. How's the bass going on?

Yeah, what's up with the bass? I haven't heard a single word about the recording progress of bass!

Watch out for the 12" tom, it sounds crappy to me. And the ride cymbal sticks out like a mofo from the OHs.. (At least when I had a go at Stand Up and Shout..)

Weird shit that you find out only after you've finished.

<- Amateur..

Still waiting: Keyboards, Lead Guitars, Vocals and Bass

Meanwhile, i'd like to know who's going for mixing?

I'll do the lead after the bass and keys are done, because I might lay down a bit at the end where I double the keyboard line.. just because I like the idea and I think it'll rawk with a squeal haha...

-P

hey guys,
I've just made a very very fast scratch just to see if the guitars and drums were on time. I've found that there are some parts where the guitars are a little delayed. The guitar sound is great but I have my doubts about timing and in some parts where the second guitar sounds out of tune. Spamds can you retrack them? i dunno if you have time or we left the tracks as they are and keep going.
BTW, I don't want you to think I'm under weighting your work. It's better to fix the problems in the source than try to make up them on the mix.
here is the audio. Please give your comments!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3789129/Dio/RITD_fast%20scratch.mp3
for the next tracks i think it's better to merge your tracks (keyboard, vocals, bass or lead guitar) with the short click in the beginning of the drums track so we can have the same reference.
And that for all the recordings use this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1765814/dio/rainbow220610.wav as reference to track the other instruments and the 24/44.1Khz standard. I know it's a little obvious but sometimes it's better to settle down so we don't have problems in the mix down.

Cheers!

hey guys,
I've just made a very very fast scratch just to see if the guitars and drums were on time. I've found that there are some parts where the guitars are a little delayed. The guitar sound is great but I have my doubts about timing and in some parts where the second guitar sounds out of tune. Spamds can you retrack them? i dunno if you have time or we left the tracks as they are and keep going.
BTW, I don't want you to think I'm under weighting your work. It's better to fix the problems in the source than try to make up them on the mix.
here is the audio. Please give your comments!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3789129/Dio/RITD_fast%20scratch.mp3
for the next tracks i think it's better to merge your tracks (keyboard, vocals, bass or lead guitar) with the short click in the beginning of the drums track so we can have the same reference.
And that for all the recordings use this file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1765814/dio/rainbow220610.wav as reference to track the other instruments and the 24/44.1Khz standard. I know it's a little obvious but sometimes it's better to settle down so we don't have problems in the mix down.

Cheers!

Sure. I'll record them tomorrow..

Just a thought, could you drop one rhythm guitar tracks out during the pre-solo break... might be kinda cool, I'd leave both in the other break-ish parts but just right before the solo it be kinda cool to have one so when it kicks it'll be sorta epic! :headbang:

(did that make any sense or did it just sound good in my head?)

-P

Just a thought, could you drop one rhythm guitar tracks out during the pre-solo break... might be kinda cool, I'd leave both in the other break-ish parts but just right before the solo it be kinda cool to have one so when it kicks it'll be sorta epic! :headbang:

(did that make any sense or did it just sound good in my head?)

-P

You mean the riff part where Dio sings "There's no sign of the morning coming. You've been left on your own. Like a Rainbow in the Dark" during the solo? That I'd leave out guitars for that part..? I can do that.

Yeh right after the chorus at about 1:51 where it's just the main riff and the drums are doing the "floor tom pound".. maybe just single track that part one time through the riff then have the second guitar come in with a pick slide or something?

-P

Still waiting: Keyboards, Lead Guitars, Vocals and Bass

Meanwhile, i'd like to know who's going for mixing?

Someone told me the singer is waiting for the bass ;). My throat isn't any good now, I had a gig last weekend and the weather here is cold and dry. I won't wait forever, but I want this to turn out good, so... I'll wait a bit more for the bass (and maybe the keys?).
BTW: Thanks for the reference track!