Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "Children of the Sea" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc.

Children of the Sea
----
Bass: DanLights
Lead Guitars: Shreddymarz
Rhythm Guitars: Skinny Viking
Accoustic Guitars: Executioner 213
Vocals: TravisW
Drums: Antto
Keyboards: Vespiz

Mix: Skinny Viking

Now GO!

^^^ Hey asshole ... I said like 5 times in the other thread I wouldn't be able to even start anything until tomorrow!:lol:

For Sneap's sake your mind works faster than your little fingers :D

I have some tab so I'll start working out a scratch version to some very basic beats TOMORROW ... I'll probably just throw down like 2 tracks with my POD since the drummer just needs something to play along to

Question - Who is gonna be handling all the files and compiling them? Have we decided who should try to mix this tune cause maybe thats who should be getting all the tracks we do as this comes together

Yeah just some scratch rhythm guitars with a POD are enough for the drummer to work too, try to do even the clean parts just for reference.

Good point about the whole files thing, we need someone who will be mixing the song. I can't put myself to do it because of poor monitoring conditions and shitty computer not having enough power for the job, and I want it to sound GOOD, so anyone with enough experience and minimally decent monitoring able to do the job?

Yeah just some scratch rhythm guitars with a POD are enough for the drummer to work too, try to do even the clean parts just for reference.

Good point about the whole files thing, we need someone who will be mixing the song. I can't put myself to do it because of poor monitoring conditions and shitty computer not having enough power for the job, and I want it to sound GOOD, so anyone with enough experience and minimally decent monitoring able to do the job?

if no one else steps up for the file handling / mix part I can give it a shot but I make no promises :)

Just so everybody doesn't kill themselves by trying to rush through this if they don't have to; I won't be able to start anything as far as vocal tracking until next week some time. It shouldn't take too long to do it, but I'd like to put in as much time as necessary on it. I have a sordid history of rushing through vocal takes on my own material, and I want to both break that habit and do the song as well as I possibly can.

Just so everybody doesn't kill themselves by trying to rush through this if they don't have to; I won't be able to start anything as far as vocal tracking until next week some time. It shouldn't take too long to do it, but I'd like to put in as much time as necessary on it. I have a sordid history of rushing through vocal takes on my own material, and I want to both break that habit and do the song as well as I possibly can.

no worries man ... I still actually have to learn the song which shouldn't take too long but one of my main points I made in the other thread is that I don't see any need to rush this. Thats not saying we should take 3 months or anything, just saying that if it takes a few weeks then thats what it takes for it to sound good. Besides, I think we're the only complete team at the moment ;)