Dio Tribute "Stand up and Shout" Song Discussion

Thanks guys! I have to lower the bass just ever so slightly, it pushes just a little too much to my liking.

I had to tune the solo a bit, it was "slightly" off.. :erk: :D

Jevo: what did you think about the guitar sound? I cheated a little: mixed your very first guitar sounds with my last re-amp.. ;) Had to play around with phase to get them lined up.

I'm gonna give a new mix soon (today?), nothing too drastic, just a little nip'n'tuck.

Cheers! I listened to your mixes, and must say this song is fucking kickass. The vocals are beyond all doubt great, and the backings are awesome too. I´d like to give it a shot. Am i allowed to download the files and post a mix here? Thanks..

nice to see people doing test mixes of their own, I'm gonna go ahead and encourage that, after all it's the team who will decide the final mix, and if by chance one of the "outsiders" does a mix that everyone in the team really likes, it could stay, once again, totally up to the team (in other words, the guys who recorded the instruments)

One thing i noticed is that the vox have a fair amount of room.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that... Felix, you didn't make my life easy! :p

I had to balance carefully with several comps in series and with some delays/reverb/harmonizer to mask the room a bit. And I had to cut the beginnings and ends of the vocal lines a bit more tightly than I normally would.

Just want to say Jussi's mix is awesome, I think you guys may have a keeper on that one. Haven't heard the other guy's mixes, sorry, busy with my own band and all the other songs on this project, monitoring everything. Anyways, great job to everyone involved on this one! And let me know when you have your final mix ready to submit