Dio Tribute "Stargazer" Song Discussion

Super excited to hear this! A shame I can't right now, I will first thing tomorrow morning. Oh and I would love Christian (crille) to do the song, fir the sake of keeping it within the forum, plus he's a killer vocalist

Well, that will spoil my friend's mood, but "within the forum" is a valuable argument I can't disagree with.
I'll prepare the phonogram of the current mix for Christian to sing.

I have only one question: Can I use this phonogram later with my friend's voice, for our ukrainian/russian audience? Won't be released anywhere, just uploaded for listening. If not, I'll just build another cover around his voice (I like his version).

I was gonna ask the same question. I also want to share the song with my friends:).

About various singer: Both Max's friend and Christian are good singers. I also want to hear Christian's voice on another track. I'm happy with both results. And one thing, Max, it's a killer mix but could you lower the vox volume just a little. Just an opinion. Good job everyone :)

I'm loving this mix Max, IMO guitars/bass/drums are perfect, very faithful to the original in a strange way. The vox may be a bit too high, but still good. What Im craving for is more strings! The parts where the strings are accentuated sound great, and I think the song could benefit from some heavier orchestration, specially the ending, a few more layers could raise it to levels of epicmess before unheard. Just my opinion of course, so far Im very happy with this song in general

Thanks for all the comments, gentlemen! In fact, I do agree with all of them:
-The vocals are a bit over the mix. Probably, the mastering chain might affect the side information and push guitars and cymbals a little bit higher, BUT I will glue the vocals with the mix more attentively - we'll have a different voice and different mic setup there anyway:)
-Depth of the mix - as soon as we have the orchestration there, we might need just a bit more depth in the mix itself. Just to sound as epic as the orchestra. I'll think of it.
-More epic orchestra (thanks Dan) - with pleasure) I'll add a bit of woodwinds, brass and all that stuff, it will be more orchestra heavy. And with the deeper mix it will at last form one whole picture, at least I believe it will:)

Bormoleos Van Drill said:
Thanks for all the comments, gentlemen! In fact, I do agree with all of them:
-The vocals are a bit over the mix. Probably, the mastering chain might affect the side information and push guitars and cymbals a little bit higher, BUT I will glue the vocals with the mix more attentively - we'll have a different voice and different mic setup there anyway:)
-Depth of the mix - as soon as we have the orchestration there, we might need just a bit more depth in the mix itself. Just to sound as epic as the orchestra. I'll think of it.
-More epic orchestra (thanks Dan) - with pleasure) I'll add a bit of woodwinds, brass and all that stuff, it will be more orchestra heavy. And with the deeper mix it will at last form one whole picture, at least I believe it will:)

Excelent! You are indeed a talented man Monsieur Morton, can't wait to hear this song finished

I have only one question: Can I use this phonogram later with my friend's voice, for our ukrainian/russian audience? Won't be released anywhere, just uploaded for listening. If not, I'll just build another cover around his voice (I like his version).

I had talked to Dan some time ago about getting a copy of this minus vocals myself. I would still like to do that if possible. If not that is cool too! You can shoot me a pm and let me know. Can't wait to hear the finished version from you guys! Thanks man!

rvs0002 said:
I had talked to Dan some time ago about getting a copy of this minus vocals myself. I would still like to do that if possible. If not that is cool too! You can shoot me a pm and let me know. Can't wait to hear the finished version from you guys! Thanks man!

Yes you can dude, we all agreed it wasn't a problem for us, but for some reason I didn't give you the final OK, sorry. But yeah man no problem

I'm leaving the town for my military duty this sunday. I'll be in naval forces (wohoo). Won't be around till May (5 months). So whatever you guys do, I'm with you.

Drop Box is down... can't hear mix......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks a lot guys. Worst part is I'm saying goodbye to my beautiful hair :) Then growing it back will be a pain in the ass :)