Dio Tribute "Stargazer" Song Discussion

Hey dudes, I'm recording the bass, but having a couple issues.

First, what tempo was it recorded in? Anyways I decided to go straight with the backing track provided by Denis with no click and not a problem, but another thing: Is it me, or that backing tracks suddenly stops? I mean, it's not the full song, somewhere after the solo it stops. So I can't use it, I need a backing track to record to.

And I also think there's a difference from the original song and some chords you're doing in the transitions Denis? didn't get to work them out cause when the song stopped I bummed the hell up and stopped to post this, and even if you did change the song that's no big deal I can record to what you did and no problem.

But I DO need a full backing track to record to, drums and guitars. Who can provide me? We're short on the deadline, and Denis where's that solo? and jussi, where's you guy Simo?

Thanks Max, now I only need the guitars from Denis, his playing is very diferent from the original so I need to have the guitar track backing me up so I can sync up to it. Plus, I'm doing lots of my own arrangements to the bass and I need to make sure it fits well with the guitar's style/tone

Dan, Bro, I checked all guitar pro versions (for a bass midi track) but they're all wrong. I played mine version according to the original song and did a couple of corrections in the bass midi. I'm gonna upload my version without bass track and I'm gonna bounce it from the 1st bar. If you set your tempo track to 85, you can enter on the 6th bar. I'm uploading the 24 bit wav version (only guitars and drums) right now.

oh, and i need to change my strings for the solo. cos it's hot as fuck here and my sweaty hands are turning my ernie balls into coal.

Hey!

We're having troubles with the vocals, or rather Simo is having troubles with his voice being shot for the past few weeks.
And on top of that he's down with flu at the moment.. :erk: We had a go last week but it was no go, his voice couldn't keep up.
The sad part is that when it worked, it sounded really good.

We'll keep trying at a later date, but I'm afraid that we might run out of time...
So if anyone else wants to have a go, please do, we'll see what we can do on our end. (And then you guys can choose ;) )

ok here's my first try. i was on a vacation, got back home yesterday. change the strings and play some oriental stuff on the solo. i tried to avoid the mechanized note by note feeling and went for a blackmore style improvisation. tell me what you think and maybe i can make some changes.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/819470/stargazer_solo1.mp3

Max, do you want DIs or processed files or both? I'm quite happy with the tones and if it's not gonna reamped through a vintage Marshall, we could use my processed wavs.