Dio Tribute "Long Live Rock and Roll" Song Discussion

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
This thread is for discussion of all matters relevant to the song "Long Rock and Roll" to be recorded by a team of Sneap forum members as part of the Sneap Forum Dio Tribute album. Here the team members (preferably the team members only please, unless some cool idea is given by an external person) are to decide tuning/arrangements/whatever and trade the links to finished tracks, scratch tracks, tabs, etc. The person who will mix the final song is to be decided between the team members, be it a member already or not

Long Live Rock and Roll
----
Rhyhtm Guitar: Gnash
Lead Guitar: Bormoleos Van Drill
Bass: Bormoleos Van Drill
Drums: Bormoleos Van Drill
Vocals: All Singer

Now GO!

Ok, gentlemen. So, the rythmsection is on me, and seems like the riffs depend on it.
So, shall we do it in original tuning and with original licks? If so (or not - but let's discuss) i'm ready to begin!

Ok, gentlemen. So, the rythmsection is on me, and seems like the riffs depend on it.
So, shall we do it in original tuning and with original licks? If so (or not - but let's discuss) i'm ready to begin!
Hey dude
I think it is much easier if we stick to the original licks. The thing is: We have to talk to the singers to see if we'll have to lower the tunning, since this song is hi-i-i-igh.

Ok, so the original tuning is G. Most of the respondents, including me, preferred tuning it halfstep down, to F#.
While i'm programming drums and before I begin with bass tracking, let's think of it once more. F# or?

Second topic for discussion: we're searching for the rythm-guitar player.

And the third one: who's gonna mix the project?:) It may be me or it may be some other guy.

Hello, Burny! Great drumtrack! As I understand, it is superior-family mapped, am I right? Anyway, I'll gladly use it. If you won't mind me reprogramming it just a bit for more agressive cymbals and blending it with Slate samples - it would be perfect. We'll do it "drums: Burny feat Bormoleos Van Drill" :D

hey man!
here's the original:
here's another one i love:
so, we're doing it a halfstep lower, comparing to the original.
the drums will be very soon (i hope, tomorrow), hope the bass will be tomorrow as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took quite a time for me, sorry. But here we go:
http://www.maxmorton.com/LLRR_rythmsection.mp3

the tempo is 149
mp3 is in sync: one bar of silence, then the song. tuned in F#

bass is Fender Presicion Deluxe with Badass bridge. I played with fingers. The only thing i hate now is elixir bass strings. Never gonna put them on precision again:) But it seems to sound fine to me.

drums are Slate, and again, i'll mix it with some live samples later while we work - it will give snare some more life.

Cheerz!:)

Sounds awesome man, very solid bass playing... congratz!! The singers who'll participate need to jump in here and discuss who'll take which part of the song, or how we're gonna split the voices.

I think Max's idea might work, but it would be better if everyone decided what part to sing and concentrate on his part specifically, plus some harmony parts could be done between various singers. I am going to pm all the singers of the tribute to ask them to come in to this thread and cite their opinions and start calling parts to sing

I think Max's idea might work, but it would be better if everyone decided what part to sing and concentrate on his part specifically, plus some harmony parts could be done between various singers. I am going to pm all the singers of the tribute to ask them to come in to this thread and cite their opinions and start calling parts to sing

This is for the best I think.