Dio Tribute "Kill The King" Song Discussion

I also don't know if there's any way in a midi editor to do it automatically, I do it all manual haha

Cubase has an option to humanize drums by displacing the drums a bit and random velocities. But there is a problem:
I always export every drum pad to a wav file, and i realized that if I activate the Random in Cubase, every time I Export to Track it is a new random playing., and that sucks cause OH and Room tracks doesn't match witgh the rest... I don't know if I explained myself.

Well, I'll do another try with new tweaked AD or SSD samples. In case you like the sound, then I will do the manual work.

Cubase has an option to humanize drums by displacing the drums a bit and random velocities. But there is a problem:
I always export every drum pad to a wav file, and i realized that if I activate the Random in Cubase, every time I Export to Track it is a new random playing., and that sucks cause OH and Room tracks doesn't match witgh the rest... I don't know if I explained myself.

Well, I'll do another try with new tweaked AD or SSD samples. In case you like the sound, then I will do the manual work.

I get what you mean with the room and OHs not being humanized. Well that's ok give it another try, and as I said I could do the manual work of humanizing the midi velocities in the original midi file, then I'd give it back to you and you'd simply copy the humanized midi instead of the old midi file

Dude sounds pretty good, as I said before, not really a fan of that Snare, but in general sounds much better than the AD drums, definitely sounds a bit more lively. Maybe you could try another snare? Like one less "bouncy" if you get what I mean, in fact I really liked the Snare on the Ad drums, maybe something more similar to that one? just my thought though, if everybody else likes that snare then it stays

Ok, I promise to retrack the beginning of my solo by the end of this weekend.. Since Raptor kinda dissappeared on the All The Fools track, I'm in the midst of retracking all the rhythms.. should be done with that by tuesday night.. so yeah, that's why I haven't gotten that to you yet Jevo..:D

-P

I feel the vocals are very much in the background for most of the time... They don't cut through the rest. Since these are my parts I would hate to complain about them being low in the mix as I'm the last person who would be objective but that's what I hear. Of course some people just like vocals in the background...

I feel the vocals are very much in the background for most of the time... They don't cut through the rest. Since these are my parts I would hate to complain about them being low in the mix as I'm the last person who would be objective but that's what I hear. Of course some people just like vocals in the background...

I think the ammount of compression is right to sit in the mix, and in my monitors and car speakers I hear the voacls totally present.

Anyway I'm running out of ideas, what do you suggest I can do so the vocals cut through the rest?
Or the rest, any idea or comment about it?

I hope this night I post all tracks just in case someone wants to try some mixing.. cause what you hear is almost the best I can do with my experience and gear, but perhaps someone can get a better mix.

I think the ammount of compression is right to sit in the mix, and in my monitors and car speakers I hear the voacls totally present.

Anyway I'm running out of ideas, what do you suggest I can do so the vocals cut through the rest?
Or the rest, any idea or comment about it?

I hope this night I post all tracks just in case someone wants to try some mixing.. cause what you hear is almost the best I can do with my experience and gear, but perhaps someone can get a better mix.

I actually think the vocals is a bit TOO present hahaha and now that it's louder and sounds more dry, I notice certain off notes that come out a bit notgood. Jevo, or Rip, or anyone here, have any experience with autotune/melodyne? just to get a quick fix on those vox cause in general they're good there's some parts that seem off, maybe it's just me though

I actually think the vocals is a bit TOO present hahaha and now that it's louder and sounds more dry, I notice certain off notes that come out a bit notgood. Jevo, or Rip, or anyone here, have any experience with autotune/melodyne? just to get a quick fix on those vox cause in general they're good there's some parts that seem off, maybe it's just me though

I already did some "manutune" in the beginning (I suck at autotune and my trial version expired), just in a couple of sentences cause the rest is ok for me. Now I think vocals are very good, but as I said, I encourage you all to challenge my mix! :devil:

I'd try EQ'ing the guitar because that's what clashes the most I think. At 1:48 vocal suddenly pops up front for a while, maybe because guitars start to play in a different spectrum. However If Dan thinks they're too present I'm absolutely ok with what you guys think. As I mentioned I am well aware how musicians are skewed when it comes to their parts in the mix : )

I think I will try to mix the song in a few days but don't wait for me : )