Dio Tribute "Kill The King" Song Discussion

Here it is some test I did yesterday... still there is work to do.

http://soulitude-web.com/archivos/KK_mix_test.mp3

Please comment all you want so I can improve the mix, or if someone has something to say about the playing... we should try to do it the best to avoid being disqualified and out of the compilation!

If anyone feels like he can do a better mix, or simply practice...feel free to ask for all tracks.

Vocals on this test are a bit louder to focus on them cause there are a couple of things that I'd like to ask Rip-G.

0:51 and 1:34... "Fly like the wind"... it seems that this sentece is a bit out of tempo. Is it a mistake or is on purpose? If it is a mistake I think I can edit to fit the tempo.

0:57 "Uooooooohhhh"... I can hear a slight strange noise in the vocal track, like a union between 2 tracks...a kind of declicked-click effect.

Fly like the wind - it doesn't stand out to me in a bad way, but do as you think, maybe it will be better.

The clicking thing - I'm at work now so I can't check at source but I can't hear it in the mix... Anybody?

Overall, good job (I'm listening on headphones ATM), the mix came to life this time.

There seems to be dirt at 0:17-19. Like a leftover from guitar track from intro (sounds like feedback after putting guitar down?).

I agree there's something wrong with the second solo in the first part.

Yep, the guitars are just a tiny bit overbearing, maybe turn them down just a hair (dB or so) and/or cut some mud 2-300. Other than that, it's good!
Mind you, we're talking mostly taste and preferences here.. ;)

Yep, the guitars are just a tiny bit overbearing, maybe turn them down just a hair (dB or so) and/or cut some mud 2-300. Other than that, it's good!
Mind you, we're talking mostly taste and preferences here.. ;)

yeah I agree with this, that might also help to give my precious bass a bit more presence and all should be dandy. I love the keyboard on the mix btw, not overpowering anything but giving some really nice color to the whole mix, way to go Jussi and Jevo!

maybe moving it higher, cause the bass really feels a bit too much pure low end, and classic rock/metal really benefits from a more trebly bass tone.

Plus, I think lowerin the guitars a bit or maybe cutting some mud/lowmids would also help the bass be a bit more noticeable in the high freqs.

I also want to add, no problem with the bass on the low freq part, that´s perfect heaviness

Way too much limiting for my taste. I think there was a discussion about this in the main thread and most people were after less aggressive mastering for this project.