Dio Tribute "Kill The King" Song Discussion

Can't wait to here that bass dude, I'll be redoing the solo DIs tonight and sending them to Jevo tonight/tomorrow..

-P

Well I kinda would like to play along the whole thing (gtr, bass, dr). What I'm gonna play depends a bit on what room I'm left with. :D

Yeah, it sounds to me like you played the last arpeggio chords as minors.
It sounds wrong to me, but that's because I'm so used to the original!

You mean the very latest arpeggio of both before and after the solo?
I played this track 3 years live this way me and my guitar mate, but I can change it. I hope tomorrow I can do it.

I forgot the little solo in the end... I'll do it.

So this week will be ready all guitars and drums (programmed)... Vespiz and Rip-G... your turn is coming....

You mean the very latest arpeggio of both before and after the solo?
I played this track 3 years live this way me and my guitar mate, but I can change it. I hope tomorrow I can do it.

I forgot the little solo in the end... I'll do it.

So this week will be ready all guitars and drums (programmed)... Vespiz and Rip-G... your turn is coming....

Yep, that's the one.

Well, well, what do I have here? :Spin:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1765814/dio/KtK_B3.zip

DanLights said:
Ok, done! If anyone feels there's the need to change or re-record something, just say it and I'll do it again, it isn't a problem.

Great! Do you play with fingers? It sound like Steve Harris. I will impor to Cubase project as soon as possible and start tweaking.

Yep, that's the one.

Well, well, what do I have here? :Spin:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1765814/dio/KtK_B3.zip

I dig the tone! Very seventies!
Still haven't imported and listened with the rest of instrument, when I get home I'll do it.

Rip-G said:
Here's vocal (starts at 0:33) glued to the raw mix posted earlier. The panning is bit random at times.

http://nihilquest.com/kill_the_king_vocal.mp3

Great work on vocals Rip-G, but it needs a good mixing...comp, delays, reverb, paning.
Ok, can you send the tracks of each vocal?

So work left:

- Polishing drums programming and export to wav.
- Revisiting major arpeggio on guitars
- Paulie's solo DI
- Rip-G tracks
- Mix!

As soon as I have all tracks, I will upload everything in case you want to do some mix attempts.

Hey Jevo glad you liked the bass! I´ve always tried to be versatile enough playing both fingers and pick, and for this song I felt like going with fingers and doing lots of Steve Harris like fast fills, even though when recording I go with a pick 75% of the time. It´s needless to say Steve Harris is the single reason I decided to become a bassist.

I´m gonna listen to those vocal and keyboard tracks now, glad this song is going fast!

Shit.. I knew I forgot to do something this weekend... :-D Tonight.. I semi-whole heartedly promise, haha..

-P

I loaned a Nord Electro 3 from work, recorded it through a Radial DI2 into TG2 (pretty hot, I might add).

I have an Electro 2 back at the studio, but I wanted to test the 3 if it would be better. Sadly, it is... :erk:

I'm gonna try and get the DIs tonight, had some storms this week and I didn't like having my gear on during, so Tonight, setting the deadline as around 9-10.. yep.

-P

I'm going to listen and import your solo this night when I get home.

How were your audition for Dragonforce?

meh, I did a couple of recordings for it and hated my voice with the track so I said "fuck it" haha.. basically it just didn't sound right with a matt barlow style baritone, I could sing it tenor but it hurts my vocal chords/throat too much so I decided against sending the audition tape in..

Plus my hair isn't long enough to look epic blowing in the wind, and I'm about 100 pounds too heavy to pull off the leather pants with no shirt look, haha

-P

Oh, I actually did the solo differently (without the shreddy lick at the beginning), I think it might fit the song better, if you liked it better the other way, let me know..

-P