Dio Tribute "Children of the Sea" Song Discussion

well, between the basslines I re-wrote for you and my reamping of your bass tracks, yeah I'd say the basslines finally sound good :D hahahaha

but seriously, glad you dig it ... I'll still leave this open-ended for the day and if nothing else pops up by tomorrow I'll post the final wave files

"Doubly"?

thisiss2.jpg

"Oh, come on, you know what she means.."

Damn this song is awesome. The mix is good too, a bit lacking in the lowend in my opinion, but otherwise great.

Damn this song is awesome. The mix is good too, a bit lacking in the lowend in my opinion, but otherwise great.

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words

As Dan stated I purposely went for something different ... instead of old school vibe with modern sound I actually wanted it a bit the opposite .. old school sound with a modern vibe if that makes any sense

thats the reason for the scratchy strat sounding rhythm guitars and a few other tone choices. I really wish any of my parts could have been tracked with my new pres and convertors but such is life, I did the best I could with what I was able to record with

Isn't it too compressed ? I love it but I find the song a little bit tiring for my ears, is it only me ? I find the beginning lacks a little air and dynamic for an acoustic part.

Excepted that (which may be personnal) it sounds pretty good !

^ Its possible but please keep in mind there is absolutely no pseudo-mastering of any kind on here... not even a bus compressor. The extra compression you may be hearing is probably from me crushing the room mic on the drums which I actually liked ... after A/Bing it without the comp it just seemed to have less character. I guess its all just a matter of personal taste. I don't find my ears feeling fatigued at all but thats not to say others wouldn't disagree. Lets see how it all sounds after a bit of mastering :)

^ Its possible but please keep in mind there is absolutely no pseudo-mastering of any kind on here... not even a bus compressor. The extra compression you may be hearing is probably from me crushing the room mic on the drums which I actually liked ... after A/Bing it without the comp it just seemed to have less character. I guess its all just a matter of personal taste. I don't find my ears feeling fatigued at all but thats not to say others wouldn't disagree. Lets see how it all sounds after a bit of mastering :)

Hum okay, it sounds like it needs no added compression to me. Are group busses compressed ?

^ only the room mic and the bass bus. Nothing on the boards or vox and only smoothing compression on the guitar melodies and chorus harmonies so actually not much

I run everything through my ac1 plugin on the main bus but it BARELY compressing anything ... only takes off a max of 1-2 db at the loudest parts ... everything else was flying through it untouched