Dio Tribute "Kill The King" Song Discussion

Sent Jevo the 2nd solo.. he's gonna listen to it and lemme know if he wants me to change the arrangement or anything.. just to update you guys. I can post a sample here tonight if anyone wants it...

-P

G&L Strat and a plexi amp model (I would've used my Laney but I can't mic it up in the apartment) the tone didn't have alot bass in it, which is probably why it didn't sit well, I'll toss the DIs either this evening or tomorrow evening, no internets on the desktop so I'll have to get off the couch and hook the laptop to the usb hard drive in the other room, haha.

Also, I sent you a PM about whether or not you wanted me to change anything in the solo, I'll wait for the reply on that, that way there won't be confusion on which DI track is which..

-P

So Dan.. gonna do that bass today?

PS: Jevo.. I'll get you the DIs by tomorrow afternoon, spent the weekend messing with my DragonForce Audition

PPS: DragonForce isn't even close to one of my fav. bands and I pretty much have no shot in hell; but WTF, I might as well give it a go... it'd be better than working in this office everyday right?

-P

Dragonforce is holding auditions for a guitarrist? which one of the two losers left the band? hahaha

Hey paul sorry, I was waiting on a borrowed bass to record it (cause my bass is tuned in D standard) and I got it a while ago, but I can´t record right now. I was practicing the song earlier, and tommorrow theoretically I should be free to record it until 20:30 for the Football match, so I pray to god fate doesn´t piss on me and allows me to record this bass tommorrow.

It's all good dude..

DragonForce lost their vocalist.... My vocal range is Bass/Baritone and weigh more than 200 pounds, so I pretty much have no way of getting the job, haha.. but I figured I'd throw my name in the hat...

-P

Thanks dude, like I said, not my favorite band by far, but hey.. if it gets me to a point where I can play music full time, I'm definately down..

Annyways, so to stray from topic, haha.

-P

Oh, btw, the last arpeggio's before the solo and after it should be major, not minor. In the original C major and D major.
Blackmore f's up on the first run, playing a C minor for a bit while other play a major, then switches quickly.

Im out on holydays until sunday, writing from my mobile.

Jussi, you've got my tracks for the keys! and, what do you mean with the minors and majors? is it wrong what I recorded?

Well I kinda would like to play along the whole thing (gtr, bass, dr). What I'm gonna play depends a bit on what room I'm left with. :D

Yeah, it sounds to me like you played the last arpeggio chords as minors.
It sounds wrong to me, but that's because I'm so used to the original!

Holy shit all this time I thought this song was being done in the original tuning, it's not until I start playing along to Jevo's track that it feels terribly wrong, and now I find out it's D Standard!

So I just put away the borrowed bass in E standard I have and put out my own bass in D standard, problem solved! Just surprised at my own stupidity