Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

Any progress?

Looks like the studio was coming along pretty well. Do you want to do a scratch track for Antto? If you don't have time at the moment I can do it tomorrow afternoon...

Looks like the studio was coming along pretty well. Do you want to do a scratch track for Antto? If you don't have time at the moment I can do it tomorrow afternoon...

I remember I handed that job to you before ... So I don't have scratch tracks..

ok, i didn't remember if we talked about it or whatever, I'll do them today and dropbox them.

-paul

Cool, I'll remember to upload the track tonight. The tempo is 115 straight through. Do you still want a click from me or just the scratch guitar track and you can use your own click.... I didn't double it since it's just a scratch guitar and all....

-P

Finally gonna get the scratch up tonight, my desktop went retarded over the weekend and that's what I recorded it on (I use a PCI Interface so I couldn't just throw one down on my laptop.)

Sorry for the lateness :(
-P

Well, we recorded the drums already.. :) Thanks for the effort, tho'!

We used the original song as a backing track and then Antto went and did his thing. It's more or less in the same tempo (and variations of it!) and the structure is the same. It will not line up directly with the original, but is close enough and you guys can play along the drums. NO CLICK on this one!! A little challenge for everyone, eh? ;)

Well, we recorded the drums already.. :) Thanks for the effort, tho'!

We used the original song as a backing track and then Antto went and did his thing. It's more or less in the same tempo (and variations of it!) and the structure is the same. It will not line up directly with the original, but is close enough and you guys can play along the drums. NO CLICK on this one!! A little challenge for everyone, eh? ;)

where is the drum track? i want to hear it! :D

Still being worked on (read: edited..).

Should I post a mix (one stereo wav) or something first so you guys can go a head and start recording on it, or would you like the tracks or whatnot?
Not that I'm going to "mix" it, just a quick balance thingy. Gonna be tomorrow at the latest anyways.

Still being worked on (read: edited..).

Should I post a mix (one stereo wav) or something first so you guys can go a head and start recording on it, or would you like the tracks or whatnot?
Not that I'm going to "mix" it, just a quick balance thingy. Gonna be tomorrow at the latest anyways.

You can send me the link regardless how it sounds currently..

I'm betting this is going to be the only track without steady click-track-tempo on the whole project/album.. I like that...

-Paul

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1765814/dio/rainbow220610.wav

OK, here's a 24/44.1 wav stereo file of the drums, with rudimentary levels and panning inside PT. Everything else is coming straight off the desk with some eq and comp on the way in. There's a short click in the beginning to help you get going. I had only a small 1gb USB stick with me so this is all you'll get for now. :p
When recording over this, keep the beginning of the files/regions the same, so syncing the tracks will be easier.