Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

Sounds good! I had to pitch down your keys to match the tuning though.

Sounds okay to me with the rest of the song:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1558788/Rainbow In The Dark.mp3

We're waiting for bass... :zzz:

..anyone else up for bass if Severu doesnt show up for some reason?

OH shit! I forgot the tuning! :lol: I'm going to have to play them again.. I'm downloading the guitartracks now. I thought I had them. :zzz:

How's lead guitars processing, Paulie? And bass.. that damned bass..

Lead guit is in progress should have done by Saturday, had a couple storms this week and I don't like have the amp/computer on during them.. so I'll resume my work tonight/tomorrow. I work saturday morning, off at 4 so I'll probably get the tracks uploaded by 5-6 that evening.

Mephisto, do you want DIs for the mix?

-P

i'd like both, the DI's and the tone you prefer. On saturday i'll start mixing, so it will depend on how the guitars fit into the mix I'll use one or another.

Alright heading to work now, gonna try and get these up asap after work.

Alright heading to work now, gonna try and get these up asap after work.

How did it go?

Anyway, Severu sen't me a pm and told that the bass is coming it's way... ....so expect to see bass tracks uploaded today!

hey guys I've made a quick mix, I've also recorded the bass tracks.
i just want to see if you like the snare re-verb and the bass merged with the guitars.
Cheers
Drums_synth&bass
With guitars

P.D: i've listened through my MOTU and it sounds nice. But i Hear the mix through my lap top sound card and something is wrong. Well i think because it has a fucking cheap and pre equalized card.

hey guys I've made a quick mix, I've also recorded the bass tracks.
i just want to see if you like the snare re-verb and the bass merged with the guitars.
Cheers
Drums_synth&bass
With guitars

P.D: i've listened through my MOTU and it sounds nice. But i Hear the mix through my lap top sound card and something is wrong. Well i think because it has a fucking cheap and pre equalized card.

I't sounded okay but the guitars were coming a bit late (we're talking about milliseconds here) .. drums we're a little too loud

I't sounded okay but the guitars were coming a bit late (we're talking about milliseconds here) .. drums we're a little too loud

That's exactly what i felt, let me check if with a little move can make the whole song consistant because there are parts where its on time.
ok about the drums i'll notch down a little. Sorry for that I'm used to mix metalcore where the drums are "in your face" LoL.
i'll make the corrections after work.

Thanks!

Note: Some guitar parts seem a bit off time and out of tune I checked and doublechecked with my tuner and I am 100% in tune. :-s Hope it's just my tired ears. Also, during the first chorus something strange like a strange chord is heard. Cheers!

Note: Some guitar parts seem a bit off time and out of tune I checked and doublechecked with my tuner and I am 100% in tune. :-s Hope it's just my tired ears. Also, during the first chorus something strange like a strange chord is heard. Cheers!

Yeah, sorry about that. Let's hope it didnt affect your perfomance though...

PS. I don't think I was out of tune, I just got wrong notes at some parts... The guitars were out of time in mephistos version... check my version from the first post of this page. Strange chords were the only parts wrong..