Dio Tribute "Rainbow in the Dark" Song Discussion

Guys!!!!! well i couldn't resist the temptation so here are the mods. i think i reach the epic toms of the original one, or what do you think?
I took out a little reverb from the snare. and i decided to take out the flanger effect of the mono riff part just after the solo.
please critics!

Mix with epic toms

enjoy see you tomorrow!!!

Me likes it! Let's wait for the vocals and see how they blend in, you might have to tweak some more after the vocals come in. But for now it sounds nice! Great job!

Me likes it! Let's wait for the vocals and see how they blend in, you might have to tweak some more after the vocals come in. But for now it sounds nice! Great job!

I definitely want to hear this mix with vocals... we'll see does it need any additional tweaking..

That'll cheer me up! But.. my guitars seem to be missing higher frequencies? (12K - and forward i'd say so)
You probably went for the noice reduction but you sacrificed some dynamics... maybe you shouldn't low pass guitars at so low frequencies.. raise the filter a bit. (assuming you did so!)

Ps. It might be my ears too.

That'll cheer me up! But.. my guitars seem to be missing higher frequencies? (12K - and forward i'd say so)
You probably went for the noice reduction but you sacrificed some dynamics... maybe you shouldn't low pass guitars at so low frequencies.. raise the filter a bit. (assuming you did so!)

Ps. It might be my ears too.
yes I did so i loww pass them at 8Khz but not too much. i'll see what can I do.
On the other hand this is the raw mix, i think the mastering will give more air to the guitars and more clarity to the whole mix.

yes I did so i loww pass them at 8Khz but not too much. i'll see what can I do.
On the other hand this is the raw mix, i think the mastering will give more air to the guitars and more clarity to the whole mix.

:guh: Most people low pass guitars at 16khz! Maybe you should low pass it from 12khz then. It'll definitely give those guitars more clarity and more high end to the whole mix which it seems lacking... otherwise it's good! Good job! Snare is definitely better now...

Don't depend on mastering for anything except average volume, remember you're all supposed to deliver a final mix but the master will be done by one person to all songs.

Even so, you shouldn't say "yeah it lacks but it will be fixed in the master", what could you do with a mixed stereo track that you couldn't do to the raw files in a session?

:guh: Most people low pass guitars at 16khz! Maybe you should low pass it from 12khz then. It'll definitely give those guitars more clarity and more high end to the whole mix which it seems lacking... otherwise it's good! Good job! Snare is definitely better now...

I'm usually filtering at 10-12kHz with a 24dB/oct slope. There's really nothing useful above that, if the signal is healthy, only hiss.
Then, if it needs brightness, I'll add some 8k.

I'm usually filtering at 10-12kHz with a 24dB/oct slope. There's really nothing useful above that, if the signal is healthy, only hiss.
Then, if it needs brightness, I'll add some 8k.

IDK but to me it sounds weird... With a spectrum analyzer I compare mine guitar to commercial recordings (guitar parts) , and the commercial ones never lack high ends.. they'll start dropping the highs out at 16khz... There's definitely a noticable difference.

Why is it that these problems occur when it comes time to record..? mmm... Well, lets hope for the best..

Why is it that these problems occur when it comes time to record..? mmm... Well, lets hope for the best..
My problem is not because its time to track, Its because I've got a gig on a band and we're playing hard here, since it's school's vacations time in Brazil. Will give it a shot today.

Since I'm taking the mix over for Mephisto who could not continue, I should post an Update on this track.

Jacare and Mephisto agreed that the vocals were not coming out as good as they could have, so we all agreed to retrack in Fm rather than Gm, I sent some status update PMs out today, so we'll see how it goes..

Anyways.. That is the situation..

-P

Considering the completely fucked up comments made by Spamds in the Nergal thread (and his subsiquent[sp?] banning)... I'm taking his rhythm guitar spot.. gonna get them done by this weekend.. Mephisto are you back in for the mix?

-P