Dio Tribute "Heaven and Hell" Song Discussion

That's ok, I don't want to step on any toes, just didn't want the song to die out after guys put so much into it. I'll step aside and let Superfreak do it...no need to make it a contest, I'm sure he will rock it! Can't wait to hear all these finished versions!

That's ok, I don't want to step on any toes, just didn't want the song to die out after guys put so much into it. I'll step aside and let Superfreak do it...no need to make it a contest, I'm sure he will rock it! Can't wait to hear all these finished versions!

It's ok dude in fact I'm almost sure I can still find you a spot in this tribute since a couple other vocalists are MIA and if you snooze you lose hahaha

I'm gonna hit a couple pms to see what's up with those vocalists.

Okay, here's an mp3 of the song w/ main vocals. I have to make some changes and add some harmonies... I will probably upload the .wav files tomorrow or day after.

EDIT:
Scroll down for the updated version.

Hey LeSedna, I was wondering if we can change the drums for the song. I made a drum track from the tab you posted and used EZdrummer w/ Nashville EZX, it sounds pretty good.

Check it out and let me know:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjufkbn5qxb4s0d

Regarding vocals, they're done. I will try and upload them tonight, if not tonight then you will surely have them tomorrow.

It's fucking perfect ! I love your voice man. Really glad you finally made it ! It's seriously cool to listen.

Now it lacks my guitar solo and it will be ready for mixing. I will still have to bend over the problems of sloppiness here and there on kramer's guitars. The more I listen to them the more I notice little parts that need at least editing.

About drums, I did say it was not mixing-ready. It was just programmed, and we will choose how it sounds in the mixing process. I'm up to any opinions about how they have to sound.
About your track, it feels like it's killing my programming since I programmed it through S2.0 and so the grooves I made sound less realistic. I suggest we keep the cymbals of S2.0 cause to my ear they sound quite realistic and change the actual drums.

Good job on your vocals !

Question to all of you : what do you think of how sounds the "final version (vocals)" file from Superfreak ? Do you think all tracking is okay ? About guitar rythms especially (I think the precision of editing required would depend on how it stands in the final mix), bass, drum programming, voice recording ?

Thanks LeSedna :) been waiting to hear from you. Could you send me a MIDI of the drums you programmed? I just want to mess around, even if we don't end up using my idea.

I set my guitar to C# from my usual C set of strings. I need to train my hand a little to that tension :lol: it's also cause I havent played guitar for a few weeks now.

Also, Superfreak, what is the chain of your vocal recording ? (mic/pres) Cause it sounds good.

When you are satisfied with your vocals and when your bandwidth permits it, upload the tracks so that I can add them to the project.